LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

wishal (sr)     21 December 2014

Advice regarding wifes parents demand

we got married in feb 2014 and then within 2 months wife went to her home with reason that her brother got operated and she need to be there. after that her parents made a weird demand to make me GAR JAMAI everytime my relative went there and they are putting same demand. her brother is mentally challenging so her parents want me to make a GAR JAMAI. Lot of times my relatives went there to find some solution and everytime they are putting weird demand. she want to take admission in some higher course and some useless exam in january so before 8 months they started telling that she will study and after exams they will talk. recently they came to my office and taken Photographs. 

my relatives again went there to find a solution and now their recent attitude is like i have spended 20 lacs fo rmy daughters study. and send my ornaments back to my home. we will think after january exam. and said some rude words to my relatives. now what way we should go ahead? should we send back ornaments and her clothes? or what can be helpfull if she files some 498a or DV case or maintainance?

she leaved with me for 2 months. and then after since 10 months she is there.

if i called up her and ask for come back and talk and record is it helpfull to me??? if she denies and talk weirdly that i dont want to talk. 

our family has decided to go seprate now.  what way we should go head marriage 1 years finishing in feb 7th.

what documents we should start collecting nowonwards to fight a legal case? 

can we directly go to her place and discuss to separate peacefully??? or they will charge other cases if we personnely go there? once she did drama at my office and try to spoiled my business

Learning

2 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     21 December 2014

Dear, Yes keep recording all things, they will help you to fight and defend.... If you want her back file RCR ..... Send all her ornaments but take an acknowlgment of the same and keep record for future purpose .... Or do one thing go there for some days with a planning and try bring her back.... Kapil Chandna Adv .9899011450

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     27 December 2014

Do not take any decision in haste now.  You may send a legal notice to her to return to her matrimonial home since she is staying away for more than 10 months without any valid reason.  In the event of she going to police for return of her property, you may ask her to furnish a list of the same, if they are held by you, better to make an acknowledgment signed by her and hand it over to her in front of two witnesses each from both the sides.  If she agrees for mutual consent go for it.  Try your maximum level to save your marriage by making compromises but not at the cost of becoming a slave to her parents.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register