Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

INDIAN CITIZEN (ER)     23 August 2014

Advice please

Dear Experts,

kindly advice me regarding this issue.........my dad had borrowed 40,000 from a person and repaid 20,000 which that guy cheated by denying it. my dad had signed a bond for 40,000. when my dad was paying the sum of 40,000 he denied it and demanded more with high interest.On 2002 my dad had appealed in HC for a sum of 63000(40,000+interest). he has deposited 50,000 to the court on 2004. now my dad is no more. he passed away last year. now the case is coming to final trial. my advocate now says that we have to pay around 75,000 to the opposite side.other than that 50,000 deposit.....75,000 is for interest for the past 12 years when the case in trial and the balance of the original amount ie (63500- 50,000) +interest for 12 years.

can some one kindly clarify y shoud we pay 12% interest when the  case is in trial that too when we have deposited 50,000 to the court ....i feel that i should pay interest only to the remaining amount other than the court deposit ie for  63500-50,000.....kindly clarify this tome please

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 August 2014

Interest rate is @ 9% only you can pay. The interest in to be calculated always on remaining balance. Any terms and conditions as per bond between your father and opposite party.Read the court order copy  properly

INDIAN CITIZEN (ER)     23 August 2014

thank you sir ..........u mean to say that i have to pay interest for  the amount after subtracting the deposit amount.............  my dad passed away one year back so what i have to do now since the trial is nearing the end as the advocate says....... is the trial now is againt the legal hairs of my dad.?  kindly guide me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register