Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurabh (NA)     25 October 2014

Advice needed for legal action

Hi ,

I am working with an MNC in Pune in IT domain. The MNC as per their norms, conducts background checks on every employee. They outsource this work to third party agencies. What happened recently is that agency came up with an allegation that I have shown a fake company on my resume which is not the case. They have asked me to produce company incorporation letter which I have. I want to ask here, do I have a case against that agency ? I want to take legal action against them for the allegation that they have put without due diligence on their part. Due to this allegation, I fear that despite all the necessary documents, I may have to resign from the company just to be on safer side, as in India, employer is always right. No matter what happens. Please suggest how should I handle this situation. 

Thanks,

Saurabh

Learning

9 Replies

V M DAHAKE (PROPRIETOR)     25 October 2014

Hi Saurabh,

Third Party was engaged by your employer who can ask them the explanation. They would have done their job to the best of their capacity as it is not always possible to come out with 100% facts in such cases. These agencies also couch their such reports in suitable wording to avoid any legal action.

In my opinion,It does not seem practical for you to proceed legally against them. It is not clear why you will have to resign if everything else is on your side.

I can show you the wordings too. I have written proof. They have directly written in their report that the company is fake. Please see below:-

Employment/Education

Status

Required Documents

Uber Techsync Infotech Private Limited

Fake Company

Form 16, PF documents, Certificate of 

This really has pissed me off and I feel like taking action against them.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 October 2014

Your employer and third party agency are fully responsible for what they do and why they do it and its consequences and costs.

It might be a practice and it can cost job to an employee and inflict serious damages and stigma.

You must record the demand of resignation from you (audio/visual/by minutes/witness) and build evidence.

You are not at all liable to produce and provide 'Certificate of Incorporation of the Company' if you were employee and not the owner. 

The company is liable to provide and supply the PF a/c number/accumulation reports, Form16 and you can provide only if it is supplied to you.

You are not responsible if the company is fake but you have worked with the employer.

You may find the following thread useful.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Can-i-send-legal-notice-to-my-employer-108857.asp#.VBrRGZSSwb8

Hi Kumar Doab,

Thanks for your valuable inputs. Company is not fake. Incorporation letter can be provided. It was more of an entrepreneurial role for me in this organization. I worked with them for more than 2 years out of passion for entrepreneurship. As in case of most of the startups, this startup too was not doing that well financially and had to be shut down due to personal and family obligations. Thus, no form 16 was issued and no PF deduction happened. Now, to prove that I worked there I can give references and company incorporation letter and only last 2 month bank statement which contains the F&F and salary credit transactions. My question is, what if the employer forces me to provide form 16 and PF to make me resign from the job ? How should I reply to them ? How can I defend myself in this case and take stringent legal action against those culprits, further, if needed ? Let me know.

Thanks,

Saurabh

BHUWAN RAJ 09839268489 (lawyer)     26 October 2014

Dear

You can certainly send them a notice for damages  through lawyer and then file a suit also against them.

Regards

Bhuwan Raj, Adv

Cell: 09839268489

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 October 2014

This is forum for legal advice and you have posted a legal problem.

If you have gone thru the thread suggested in previous posts then you should be able to understand the gravity of the situation at your hands. It shall be appropriate to consult an able Labor Law Consultant/Service Lawyer as ap and proceed under the expert advice of your lawyer.

You must not expect the resolution that suits your interest from HR personnel as they have employer’s internal policies for them and they shall not risk their employment for your employment. You can be dumped any moment and even terminated and left to roam in various forums and fend for yourself.

Your person skills may not necessarily work for you. However if you think that you can handle the situation on your own you may do so.

First of all use terminologies that are recognized and understandable in legal language.

>>> It is felt that there is nothing termed or coined as ‘Start Up’ company.

---If it was some IT/ITeS/BPO/KPO etc, then it has to register under (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, as it is covered by this enactment.

>>> The THE EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUNDS AND MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS ACT, 1952 is applicable to  such establishments……………………

www.epfindia.gov.in

If it is applicable:

---- the establishment has to register with the EPFO and the registration charges may be as low as Rs7/month………………………until or unless it is exempted. If it has not registered as per various enactments applicable to it then it has committed violation and offence and can be penalized.

----The PF has to be provided to all employees that are covered as per provisions of this Act. Even exempted employees can be covered by the establishment.

---- You may go thru: Sec:1. Short title, extent and application. 2. Definitions.   

If this Act was applicable and you were covered but the establishment did not register or did not extend PF coverage or once covered the employee (you) but defaulted on collection of Employee’s/employer’s contribution then the employer/owner has committed offence and can be prosecuted.

If you were covered once,………………. you shall remain covered and PF number/account slips/passbook etc has to be supplied to you. If these were not supplied then you can not provide it to anyone until or unless employer or EPFO act and provide it to you.

If you were in the category of exempted employee and hence you were not covered then you can not provide PF number/account slips to anyone.

You can lodge a complaint thru RPFC in nearest PF office……………………………of course under proper acknowledgment.

>>> The employer being deductor has to deduct TDS and deposit it with jurisdictional ITO.

If it has not the employer then the employer/owner has committed offence and can be prosecuted.

If Form16 was not supplied then you can not provide it to anyone until or unless employer or ITO where you file ITR or jurisdictional CIT-TDS where company files ITR………………… act and provide it to you.

>>> If you have described your role/designation/KRA’s in your resume truthfully then you have not committed any offence. If you as per your role /designation/KRA’s have produced and supplied the requisite docs pertaining to your role /designation/KRA’s then nothing is pending at your end.

>>> Usually last month’s salary slip is asked for to negotiate the salary/CTC in interview.

Salary slip has to be supplied to all employees at least a day before the disbursement of wages.

Payment of Wages Act;Sec13A

Min. Wages Central Rules:Sec26(3,4)

If employer/owner has not supplied the salary slip you can lodge complaint with Inspector appointed under these enactments and o/o Labor Commissioner……………..

If salary slip was not supplied then you can not provide it to anyone until or unless employer/owner or Inspector appointed under these enactments and o/o Labor Commissioner ………………… act and provide it to you.

>>> It does not matter you worked for passion or material gains the employer/owner has to fulfill its legal responsibly…………………………….even if it has faced financial problems. It could and it shall have to sell even his expensive shirt (assets) and surrender to law of the land to which it is subordinate and servant.

>>> The sensible employees have united in your trade too and have formed various unions and Trade Unions like CITU/INTUC/AITUC are willing to embrace employees from IT sector………………..The unions leaders are well informed and can support to handle the nuisance being littered in your trade……………………

https://www.itecentre.co.in/

https://ithiworld.wikispaces.com/News+Update

IT/BPO Voice of India | Facebook

UNITES Professionals

www.unitespro.org

https://www.wbitsa.org/

www.itpfindia.org/‎

https://itnitesunion.wordpress.com/author/itnitesunion/

Shiv Mahiti Ani Tantradyan Sena(Shiv IT SENA)

mankar.janardan@gmail.com

https://www.shivsena.org

https://www.amrc.org.hk/node/1088         CBPOP

https://www.freepatentsonline.com/article/Indian-Journal-Industrial-Relations/185430721.html

https://bpo.knowledgehills.com/Directory/BPO-Jobs/CBPOP-Centre-for-BPO-Professionals.aspx

https://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report-shiv-sena-forms-first-union-in-information-technology-sector-1465435

Shiv Sena forms first union in information technology sector

>>> You may find another thread useful:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Proof-of-employement-501451.asp#.VEyyameSwb8

>>> All enactments quoted in this post are available at Dept of Labor website and you can also buy the latest version from the market.

Saurabh (NA)     26 October 2014

Hi Kumar Doab,

Thanks for the very detailed explanation. The point that I wanted to raise is the third party agency has put a baseless allegation without due diligence, that the company shown itself is fake which is not the case. I worked with them and have necessary references to prove that. The behavior exhibited by them is not only unprofessional but also unethical and hence they are at fault. Thats the reason I am more keen on taking this matter ahead and set an example for other fellow IT professionals. This has to be done meticulously on my part and thus I need proper inputs which is the reason I am here. 

Thanks,

Saurabh

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 October 2014

If it is stated in any document issued to you that in case of adverse comments in BGV your employment shall be terminated and/or you are asked to resign (and you have an evidence) and/or you have resigned (and you have written that you are resigning due to.......demand of resignation by......for reason.....).......

Then you have built record.

You may show all docs on record to your lawyer.

Your lawyer may advise to represent to your employer on record and then proceed further depending upon response of your employer.

Saurabh (NA)     28 October 2014

Thanks. That will help

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register