LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

PDG   22 March 2016

Advice - adoption - change of address in birth certificate

We have received a birth certificate for our adopted daughter from the BMC (Mumbai Municipal Corporation) and our names have been inserted as her parents.

This is in accordance with the Court order approving our adoption. However, the address of the biological parents has not been changed.

The Court order did mention our address but it only specifically mentioned that the birth certificate should be changed to include our names and made no mention regarding change of address of parents. We had assumed that it would logically be done, and now the BMC officer who gave the certificate said address change would not be made. 

My question is, is there a procedure to get the address of the parents changed in the Birth Certificate? Any help would be appreciated.

Learning

3 Replies

Adv. Yogen Kakade (+ 91 9225510883)     23 March 2016

They might have mentioned the address of the bialogical parents by mistake. As being the parents your address has to be mentioned in the birth certificate. Apply to the MMC and get it corrected.

PDG   25 March 2016

Originally posted by : Adv. Yogen Kakade (Jurycon Inc
They might have mentioned the address of the bialogical parents by mistake. As being the parents your address has to be mentioned in the birth certificate. Apply to the MMC and get it corrected.

Thank you Mr. Kakade. What you say is logical, and we had also assumed the same. Now I suppose we need to meet the senior officer of the department and understand from him what is preventing them from updating the address.

PDG   31 March 2016

I have an update here. Met with the head of the health department at the BMC office and he himself supervised the correction of the Birth Certificate. So things are just fine now. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register