LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Chandra   22 October 2017

Adverse remarks / integrity in apar

In my APAR reporting officer has tick 'yes' in the column of of integrity "whether anything has come to your knowledge which reflects adversely on the officer's integrity or his ability to honestly execute his duties". Reporting officer has neither recorded any reason nor attached any note. Reviewing & countersigning officers have also not gave their any type of comments on it. Is this will be taken adverse to me. This adverse has not been communicated me by the deptt. even after a lapse of 4 years.

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)

Ticking on the colums, itself denotes that he has noticed something adverse. No note is appended with the APAR, but separate confidential note is sent to the reviewing authority explaining the nature of incident, to which his adverse remark relates to. If you have been communicated the incident through the contents of APAR along with the memo by the Reviewing Authority about such adverse remark, you are required to give proper explainantion on that. However, you are entitled to get copy of that adverse note on your integrity by asking in writing to the Reviewing Authority for the purpose of your knowledge and submitting your explanation on the issue.

But be aware, everything about the APAR is a time bound event.

Guru Guide   23 October 2017

Ecellent advice by Mr. Dhingra.

(Guest)

Nicely explained advice by Mr. Dhingra.

Ramesh Chandra   26 October 2017

Sir, the subjected APAR with adverse integrity is 4 years old. Having being not communicated, I got the photocopy of the APAR from APAR custodian through RTI, but with no any secret note. Later on completion of 20 years service, I have been grantd ACP (without any deferment). Will I be denied promotion on account of this APAR of adverse integrity which is still uncommunictaed. All the authorities who have filled my subjected APAR have now been retired. From where now I can get secret note  for my effective representation. Can I represent at this belated stage.

(Guest)

Any non communicated entry withough the support of any confidential note by the reporting authority and no action by the reviewing authority on that has no value and cannot be taken in to account as an adverse remark for the purpose of promnotion, if eligible.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 October 2017

There is no provision for supplying the copy of the note about adveerse integrity.

How is it ppossible that you signed the APAR and saying that it is not conveyed.

Please clarify.

Ramesh Chandra   27 October 2017

Sir, deptt. has not communicated the APAR, but I have got the APAR copy in response to my RTI application. Will receiving APAR copy thruogh RTI be treated as communictated by the deptt. Because communication of any APAR must have a right to represent against adverse APAR. Moreover if there is no provision for supplying the copy of the note about adveerse integrity, how can one make effective representation against adverse integrity.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 October 2017

It stands communicated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register