LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pk   04 October 2017

Adultery, suicide

Person A have affair with Person B's wife W.
now person A had sent a message to wife W in FB chat "I will kill you, W" in 2015 and after that they were continue affair.
In 2016 Person A sent a message to Wife W " I am the one who bring you till severe situations... by making you closer and closer step by step..."

is this helpful in court if wife W committed suicide in 2017 ?
Can we add IPC for planned murder like if someone giving a slow poition in food for few months and that person died same as in my case can we add planned murder act?

Learning

4 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     04 October 2017

Sir, 

Only the messages won't help, I mean they can be a corroborative peace of evidence but not substative to come to a conclusion. 

Some chain of events or evidences must be linked to use those messages, For more you can read my blog regarding the evidentairy value of these messages. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     04 October 2017

It depends on circumstances. If the message is collaborated and is in consonance and furtherance of offence then such messages are also relevant to draw an inference but mere such message does not constitute alleged crime.

Pk   04 October 2017

Thanks But I have one excuse only as per Mr Sidharth reply I can send message to any one like that I will kill you, (x person name)...?

Pawan S (Advocate)     07 October 2017

Agreed with Kapil Sir.

These messages alone won't help. But, these may be useful during the investigation.

Depending on the findings of the investigation, these can be used as a corroborative piece of evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register