LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanju   23 December 2017

Adultery

Sir/Madam, I am a 25 year old man. I had done a mistake. I had s*x chat on whatsapp with a married woman for past 2 weeks. We never shared/sent any obscene pictures or videos. But now her husband came to know about our conversation. Will I be prosecuted for this?

Please help me.

Learning

16 Replies

KISHAN DUTT KALASKAR (Advocate)     23 December 2017

No, you cannot be sued and no action will taken against you.

1 Like

sanju   23 December 2017

Sir, Can you please explain me further? Will the person be able to show the whatsapp chats or call details as an evidence in the court?

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     23 December 2017

According to Section 497 defines  Adultery.as — "Whoever has s*xual intercourse with a person who is and whom he knows or has reason to believe to be the wife of another man, without the consent or connivance of that man, such s*xual intercourse not amounting to the offence of rape, is guilty of the offence of adultery, and shall be punished with imprisonment of either descriptttion for a term which may extend to five years, or with fine, or with both. In such case the wife shall not be punishable as an abettor. "

In your case you have not committed any s*xual intercourse with that lady, so the question of charging you for Adultery may not arise.  

But, avoid/stop from interacting with that lady forthwith.  Even if phone call comes from her do not attend and allow the call to end on its own.  

1 Like

sanju   23 December 2017

Sir/madam, how can I prove that I didnt have a s*xual intercourse with that woman? I just had whatsapp conversations regarding s*x with her. Today she called me and told that her husband saw the messages and he may call me. I am really afraid. This is for the first time I did like this in my life. I cant concentrate  in my studies. I am preparing for civil service.

sanju   23 December 2017

Sir/madam, how can I prove that I didnt have a s*xual intercourse with that woman? I just had whatsapp conversations regarding s*x with her. Today she called me and told that her husband saw the messages and he may call me. I am really afraid. This is for the first time I did like this in my life. I cant concentrate in my studies. I am preparing for civil service.

sanju   24 December 2017

Sir/Maadam, please help me out. I am waiting for your replies.

sanju   24 December 2017

Sir, I changed my phone number.

sanju   24 December 2017

Sir, i never had any intention to abuse anyone. I know that i cant justify myself because i commited a mistake. but it was through mutual cooperation that i chatted with that lady. I never met her. Its only about 2 weeks that i chatted with her. its her who send me a friend request on facebook first.

sanju   24 December 2017

Sir, i never had any intention to abuse anyone. I know that i cant justify myself because i commited a mistake. but it was through mutual cooperation that i chatted with that lady. I never met her. Its only about 2 weeks that i chatted with her. its she who send me a friend request on facebook first.

sanju   24 December 2017

Sir/Madam, that woman is constantly trying to contact me. i am not receiving her call. I blocked her number. What should I do? Please help me.

P. Venu (Advocate)     25 December 2017

Admittedly, it is the lady alone who is pestering you. It could be that she is taking advntage of your vulnerability.  As already, your indiscretions do not constitute a cause of action for adultery.

1 Like

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 December 2017

The woman had her free consent to indulge in such obsence conversation/comunication with you and so she cannot make complaint against you on her husband's insisting her to do so u/s 506, 509 IPC, however your steps taken after all these happenings and your avoiding by blocking her phone call will be helpful to you in case any criminal proceeding initiated by the woman or her husband.

sanju   26 December 2017

Sir, that lady's husband called me now. He asked me to come with my parents and meet his family. What should I do?

sanju   26 December 2017

please help me sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register