LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

inquisiteMind (NA)     10 April 2014

Adoption under hama

We are initiating a process of adopting one of our relatives daughter ( 5 months old ).

We want to ensure legally everything is done fine , so that we don't have any issue in future in terms of Getting passport or admission to school etc.

We have been told

1. Adoption Deed

2. Court Order

are enough.

Are these enough for ensuring no issues in future, as we might also be travelling to USA for couple of years.

Also, what care should be taken when doing adoption deed and court order ? Any known issues that can are arise ?

Appreciate your inputs regarding the same. Also if anybody has gone through similar process before please help us with your expierence.

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     11 April 2014

Once you get the court order, there is nothing to worry.  You can go to USA without any hesitation.  After going through all formalities i.e. giving notice to the respondents (interested parties) i.e. publication in the newspapers, personal attendance  of the both parties who are giving in adoption and who are taking the adoption, the court will order for adoption.   

inquisiteMind (NA)     12 April 2014

Dear Ravindraji,

Thanks for your reply.

What is the order in which this things need to  be done ( means Adoption Deed, Court order etc. ).

Some lawyers have told is there is  no need for court order in direct adoption case and i am confused a bit.

Also is the notification in newspapers regarding this adoption mandatory ? I means since there is nothing about claim here hence wondering ?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2014

Please read the Indian  adoption act fully in which the entire rules and all other formalities are very clearly prescribed in it, after that you consult a prudent lawyer and get the things done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register