LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tumung (test)     07 September 2014

Adoption deed

My friend adopted a girl child with an adoption deed four and half years back, but has not yet registered the document. They neither have any knowledge about the biological parents present address. Is their any way of registering the document now?

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     10 September 2014

Consult a local advocate who is expertise in the subject, narrate him the facts and seek his advise on further legal course of action.  In my opinion, you may have to register the adoption or else the same may be termed as illegal/invalid.

(Guest)

Dear sir,

I have married with a widow. She has a child from her first husband. The child is 9 years old. His biological father and mother's name is mentioned on his birth certificate. I have changed child's earlier surname to my surname by doing the gazette and changed his surname in his school.

My wife's surname has already been changed in her new passport in Mumbai Suburb. (We have our Marriage Certificate, Death Certificate of 1st Husband, residence and identity proof with us).  Now I want to apply for my son's passport and the passport should contain my name and surname in father 's name column.

Please guide me as someone told me to do the adoption deed and get it notarized, some told to get it notarized and some told me to file a petition in the court in front of Magistrate.

So please guide me in above matter. Thanks.

BHRIGU DATTA 9475352677 (PRIVATE PRACTICE)     29 July 2015

matter is complecated for which it is not possible that i can advice you by way of this media so it will be batter for you contruct a local expertise lawyer .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register