Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vickram (dgm)     24 October 2012

Adopting my nephew

Hi,

I am an unmarried Hindu Male, recently my brother had passed away survived by wife and a son of 4 yrs. Due to my financial stability and better oppurtunities that i can provide the Kid financially and education wise, i am willing to adopt him. i have few questions in this regard and appreciate your answers.

1. Is it permitted under law for a single Male to adopt a boy?

2. Would an adoption deed registered with the sub-registrar be enough or is there any other legal court procedures required ?

Really appreciate all your answers.

Thanks

Vickram

Learning

2 Replies

prakharved (Medical officer)     11 June 2013

@vickram

Yes a single man can adopt a child

There needs to be adequate documentation of the adoption of the boy before this relation can be written on documents. Make sure all these legal procedures are done. There will be one or two court hearings at max involved. You should get in touch with a good lawyer to do all this on your behalf.

Check for consultation with a Lawyer to get exact information. A good source for legal solutions is www. lawkonect.com

Just post your query online in very simple words and you will get a detailed response to your question by seasoned lawyers as per your requirement.

Regards

sunita kali (no)     03 October 2013

Yes a single woman can adopt a child

I am an unmarried , before 8 years my brother was passed.my brother son age is 13 years old.
and my brother  wif e left the home before 12 year's .

me and my mother and my brother son ( my Nephew) stay alone.
my  bother wife not come at our  home  between 12 years,and they not apply for  meet the son.(between 12 year's)

my brother son ,don't  know  what is real mother of his.

i have few questions in this regard and appreciate your answers.

1. Is it permitted under law for a single woman to adopt a boy?

2. Would an adoption deed registered with the sub-registrar be enough or is there any other legal court procedures required ?

Really appreciate all your answers.

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register