Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Martin Nadar (Assistant Manager - Marketing)     29 June 2015

Adding Father's Surname in Child's Birth Certificate

Hi All,

I am Martin Nadar from Thane, Maharashtra. I want to add Surname along with my name in my Child's Birth Certificate. My son was born in Chennai and in his Birth Certificate my name is mentioned as only "martin" and not "Martin Nadar (Surname)".

Kindly let me know the procedure to include my surname in my Child's Birth Certificate.

Thanks in Advance

Martin Nadar

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2015

File an application in the concerned municipal office for correction of name of the child. Follow procedure which is printed on the back side of the application for correction of name.

Mahendra Vadia (B. Com. LL.B.)     01 July 2015

Hello Mr. Nadar,

As per provisions contained in Section 15 of The Registration of Birth & Deaths Act, 1969, the Registrar of Births & Deaths (Municipal Officer) is authorized to make changes in the details entered in the register if sufficient reasons are given in application. Accordingly, you should make an application to the Registrar of Births & Deaths, Chennai Municipal Corporation, supporting your application with your Identity Proof containing your surname and proof of your marriage.

I hope this would resolve the problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register