LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sujit J Pathak (Student)     30 September 2008

Action Against Police Officer.

I am a Law Graduate Working as an Junior Advocate with a Firm based in Mumbai. I need an advise on action against Police officials for harrassing, misbehaving, demanding bribe and such other malpractices.Is there any specific procedure to be followed to file an complaint?

Thanks

Learning

4 Replies

SHEKHAR MISHRA (public servant)     30 September 2008

Dear  Sujit,

police    officials   are   not    superhuman  , they    are not  immune  to    law.the   same   law   apply   to    them   also.  just   set    the   law  in   motion   and   see   the   result. the   law   will take its  own   course.

Sujit J Pathak (Student)     30 September 2008

Thank you sir for your reply. Can you please guide me through the procedure for filing a complaint against an police official?

Thanks.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     01 October 2008

You can invoke the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 Section 7 for demand of bribe and invoke Section 7 and 13(1)(d) of the PC Act for demand and acceptance of bribe by abusing his official posiition as a public servant. Harrasment and misbehaving with a dishonest intention to obtain or attempt to obtain illegatification also will come under the above sections. You approch the SP of Anti-Corruption Bureau or the Director Genaral of Police and file a complaint or approach the Special Court (Vigilance) and file a comp[laint under 156 (3) Cr.P.C for registering a crime and investigate. If you require further clarification use suresh_kc@sify.com

sadananda netha gone (LAWYER)     01 October 2008

YOUR QUESTION THAT POLICE WERE HARASHING, MISBEAVING, AND USE FILUTH LANGUAGE,  YOU FIRST FILE A COMPLAINT BEFORE

LOCAL HUMAN RIGHTS COMMISSION, AGAINST POLICE ,THEY ISSUE SHOWCAUSE NOTICE TO DISTRICT SP,DSP,CI.SI,ON THISE MATTER

IT IS VERY QUICK REMADY TO YOU,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register