LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sandy (worker )     18 February 2016

Acess by grand parent

I am a 35 year old lady with a 8 year old child . my husband is a nri , we married 9 years ago in india after which we went abroad . i came back to get my baby delivered in india again . due to frequent physical abuse and dowrdy demand from my inlaws , and our inability to give in to their demands i was kicked out of my inlaws house in india 4 years ago , we have filed 498 case , domestic violence case and 125 maintanence case  . i had to leave their home and live with my dad . i and my husband had come to India 4 years ago for a visit but things when out of our hand and he absonded from the country 4 years ago . So my husband is absonding from the last 4 years , so i am not getting any maintanence from my husband and nor from any one from my inlaws . 

NOW THE ACTUAL ISSUE : His mother has asked for a Access to her grand son which the family court has given her once in every month for 3 hours , but my child does not gel with her as shes a very abusing lady , she even gives him bad words in the children access room . and he never goes inside the room without my being there . my child is goin through a lot of depression and truma coz of this meeting with his grand mother . a week ago shes put one more petition in family court asking for the change of adress of the acess to her house which is abt 3 hours travelling one way  from my house . me goin to their house is a life threating thing for me 

Please suggest me how can i stop this change of adress of acess  and stop the acess of the grand parents totally  . i am very tensed as me and my child we both life are in danger as my inlaws are not from a good background 

please reply as soon as possible 

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : sandy
I am a 35 year old lady with a 8 year old child . my husband is a nri , we married 9 years ago in india after which we went abroad . i came back to get my baby delivered in india again . due to frequent physical abuse and dowrdy demand from my inlaws , and our inability to give in to their demands i was kicked out of my inlaws house in india 4 years ago , we have filed 498 case , domestic violence case and 125 maintanence case  . i had to leave their home and live with my dad . i and my husband had come to India 4 years ago for a visit but things when out of our hand and he absonded from the country 4 years ago . So my husband is absonding from the last 4 years , so i am not getting any maintanence from my husband and nor from any one from my inlaws . 

NOW THE ACTUAL ISSUE : His mother has asked for a Access to her grand son which the family court has given her once in every month for 3 hours , but my child does not gel with her as shes a very abusing lady , she even gives him bad words in the children access room . and he never goes inside the room without my being there . my child is goin through a lot of depression and truma coz of this meeting with his grand mother . a week ago shes put one more petition in family court asking for the change of adress of the acess to her house which is abt 3 hours travelling one way  from my house . me goin to their house is a life threating thing for me 

Please suggest me how can i stop this change of adress of acess  and stop the acess of the grand parents totally  . i am very tensed as me and my child we both life are in danger as my inlaws are not from a good background 

please reply as soon as possible 

You came for delivery and directly went to your dads house never went back with him and filed all sorts of cases on him and his family, he ran away never to come back.

Now in-laws want access to child, let them have it.  Why still make a fuss, this will be entry ticket for you to gain access into his life again.  If they really had demanded dowry etc, they would not have bothered to see the child also.

What you are telling is false.  They want to see their grandson irrespective of whther your story is true or false.

Let them have it, at least child will get to know grandparents love.  You are not letting the kid meet in child access room hence they have given application for meeting in comfort of their own home.

Go there show kid to them and come back, if possible take police along with you or some hired local goons.

Your husband is scared and ran off, they will be even more scared of you to let u enter their house, you go aaram se and come.  A 498a wife does not need police or goons protection, you being woman is enough.  If something happens shout at the top of your voice bACHAO Bachao.   That surely wll help you, and hope this reply also help you.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     19 February 2016

You engage a good advocate and prepare a counter (reply) to her petition, and also get a doctor's certificate showing that the child is going under depression and also request the court to send the child to psychologist for psychological report on the ground of old lady's abusive attitude.  If child has already possessed congnitive skills, ask the judge to interact with the child in her chamber alone so that child's preference will come out and that will clinch the issue. 

Born Fighter (xxx)     19 February 2016

Why would a grandparent i.e an old lady travel and meet her grandson for 3 hours, why would she now request for access at her home ???? And she does all this while the son has fled and running away from the wife and world & almost ended the marriage ???

Can such a old lady invest her time and energy to just give bad words to her grand child in the premises of the court ????

Think about it Sandy, the cases that you have filed are more than sufficient to scare the old lady and i salute her guts to invite you at her home.

sandy (worker )     21 February 2016

Thank you for the replies . The lady ( my mil ) has 5 children and out of which only i have a son rest are all gals , and she has a fancy for boys right from the strt . Inviting to her house is a reason to trouble me to travel for 3 hours and abuse me also , shes has abused me verbally and physically also , before this before my husband fled away outside India , he first gave threating calls to my brother and told him he will hire goons and take away my child from me and he had our passports , the next day he came with sum goons and his mother to my house to take away my child also , but as we had put up a NC in the local police station , we informed the police to come to our house the goons ran away but he got trapped and the police took him to the police station but , he got my dad emotional and promised tht he will come back n take the child and me and wont repeat all the mistakes he had commited and we let him go , He left the country 2 days after we left him tht nite . my inlaws are of a mischievious background having all types of connections and they feel they will be able to bully me if i go to their house . shes got one gal child whoes divorsed n at home with her , the other gal child she has is got many cases in her name , she goes to the local police station regularly , her first son is outside india and my husband has taken shelter with his brother outsdie india i feel . they have my jewelry , my shree dhan , my husband has not paid a single penny maintenance till today as he is absonding from 4 years , we cannot ask maintenance from my inlaws as they are not bound to pay according to the law , they bargained with us after my husband fled to give back the jewellery in exchange of the child but when we didnt accept the offer they filed this access case after 18 months even in all the access i have given from the last 24 months , she has abused me and my child in each n every access , abused my child for not going to her and talking to her , coz my child has seen her n my husband hitting me regularly . shes told the court she doesnt know where my husband is and she calls her son in every access to speak to my child . shes even filed a case in the high court asking 5 lakh ruppes from me as tocher towards her in domestic violence case .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register