Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kilimanjaro (md)     14 January 2012

Account hacked & blackmailed by tata broadband

Hi 

Im from chennai and using Tata communication Broadband Internet service.

Due to the internet connectivity issue which i was facing very frequent disconnection.

The Tata Communication then applet officer fixed a wimax router at my premises

and requested me to use the wimax internet connection when im having problem in the wired line.

i was only using it as a backup whenever my broaband wired lines get interrupted i used the wimax connection. The wimax installation was done some 8 months back .

Four month back i was having a problem with both wired connection and wimax connection ,

i raised a complaint in the customer care and update the same with the chennai nodal officer 

who had no idea about the wimax equipment installed at my place, Since then he had disconnected 

my wimax connection and i was only using my broadband connection.

After that every now and then my internet connection was down and i was rasing complaints in the customer care and the calling the nodal officer to act on the same complaint asap.  Every time i called the chennai nodal officer , he was requesting me over the phone to return the wimax equipment to which i always told him the same reply to provide a letter as a request for the removal of the wimax equipment .

Three years back when i had returned a Modem without any request letter or email , Tata communication people harressed me over the phone asking for the same modem which was handed over to one of their own executive without any request letter. This time i was sure to get a letter and only then return the wimax equipment.

On 5th of january my internet connection was interrupted and i raised a complaint in the customer care

and the same evening i called up the nodal officer who had assured me that the complaint is a server issue which will be resolved by the end of the next day.

On 6th of january Tata communication executive came to my place and requested me to hand over the wimax equipment , i asked him to show identity care or a request letter. He then immediately called the nodal officer who started an argument with me along with his colleauge Mr. Uday Kumar to hand over the wimax equipment without asking for any request letter or proof.

They both Harressed me and threatened me by saying that my internet connection will only be restored and resolved whenever im going to give them the wimax instrument , i requested them to kindly provide any request letter or email request for the removal of the wimax equipment from my residence.

The same evening i received an email on my Vsnl.net email which is provided by the tata communication for their customers. The email was from the chennai nodal officer , They will only restore my internet connection when im going to provide them the wimax instrument and till then my internet connection will not be restored and it will be taken as an appointment issue..

I have forwarded the email along with my reply to the nodal officer on the same day and also sent copies of the email to the customerservice,Applet and the TRAI Mr.Rajkumar Upadhyay Adv (Broadband & Policy Analysis)

The next day morning at 10.55 AM i received Sms from TM-TCLSME Which is a Tata communication registered official number for their Server which sends  message to their customers following are the two messages i received first message at 10.55 AM & seconds Message at 11.02 AM.

First Message

(  Dear customer, your secret question and answer for your password has been successfully reset.Set your own secret question and answer from My Account.  )

Second Message

( Dear Customer , you have successfully purchased static IP(s) for your Tata Indicom Broadband Account. Thank you.  )

I was in a shock to receive this message because i did not have access to the internet and at that point of time i did not access my internet . So i immediately called the Tata Communication customer service and update the hacking information and requested them to Trace it and take a complaint and provide me a complaint number. They replied that they cannot take a complaint on these issue when there is already an complaint pending regarding my broadband service, and then i asked them to check the static Ip purchase which they cannot confirm. Since 7th of January im in deeps problems because of the hacking incident.

All the wrong things happened to my account :

1. Raised a complaint on 5th of january to the customer care                                                                                          2.On 6th of january Tata Executive came to my place to recover wimax instrument without any request letter      3.On 6th of January evening the nodal officer and Mr.Uday Kumar Blackmailed me to return the wimax router.    4.On 7th of January Morning my login secret question and answer to it was hacked                                                  5. On the same day a static IP was purchased from my account                                                                                    6. on the 9th of january my complaint which i raised on 5th of january was closed without any resolution and inspite of me calling and emailing the nodal,applet & the customer service everyday. it was closed with out valid reason.

7. on 10th of january my account was suspended by adding 107.90 , One hundred and seven rupees and ninenty paise as the outstanding amount Mentioned as  OTHER CHARGES i requested the customer executive to explain what does this other charges means and they had no reply. My Credit limit is above 2000 rupees and for that 107.90 paisay payby or due date is only on 27th of january but still my account is in suspended mode.

8. As the last resort i thought its time for me to raise an appeal to the applet and i did filled in all the information on the appeal form which i downloaded from Tata Website , Since 10th of january i have been mailing the appeal form to the applet, Nodal officer and the customer service Everyday . Till date i have not received any reply from them regarding the appeal.

9. Today 14th of january i received a Phone call from Tata communication executive who requested me to give him an appointment to check my broadband internet connection , Due to these issues i question him again asking for the reason why he wants an appointment , for which he replied that he is coming to my place to resolve my internt connection issue, then i asked is it only the internet connection to which he replied yes.

This executive visited my place at 01.15 Pm and spent a minute looking at my computer then he requested me to handover the wimax instrument . I asked him then why did you lie over the phone that you are coming to resolve my broadband connectivity issue. He then replied Sir i was only told to recover the wimax equipment and nothing else was told so im here only to recover the wimax instrument. it was very much annoying.

As a Tata communication customer , i have no clue about what is the secret question and answer for the secret question , it was never told to me by anyone.

If i did shared my password by mistake with some one or someone even knows my password, That person will directly login to my account , because he already knows my password.

The only way to know the answer to the secret question which is a default secret question by Tata communication to all the Tata communication customers is to be a Tata communication employee, Who already knows the answer to the secret question , if i had to know the answer definetly i had to call the customer service and request the same . Which i did not .

I would like to know what all actions can be taken against TATA communication for hacking my account and Troubling me this much. When they can hack my login details they can very well hack my computer too.

I have forwarded email to TRAI , Cybercrime cell chenni but so far have not received any reply from them.

Now its not about the internet connection , I very much believe its between me & Tata communications now due to the immense trouble iv gone thru.

Appreciate all your views & replys on this issue

Kindly provide me what all legal actions and options i have to file a lawsuit and get proper justice.

lawyers form chennai , who are interested to help me in person can reply with their interest.

Have attached the bill along with the Letter they sent yesterday requesting for the removal.

Thank you 

Learning

17 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2012

You may send a  notice ( which you can also send) to MD,CEO, Company Sceretary of the company narrating the details and ask for begging apology in writing or you shall be constrained to go public with your complaint and to approach the institutions of police, court of law, consumer forum, print and electronic media, NGO's, social and legal forums, consumer portals, Govt. regulators, minstries,ministres etc and Chairman ( Current and designate) of Tata Sons, and you shall also be approaching all your near and dear ones, colleagues, corporates in your contact to discontinue Tata and stay away from TATA in future.

Mr. Subodh Bhargava
Chairman

Mr. N. Srinath (Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer)

Mr. Satish Ranade Company Secretary & Chief Legal Officer

REGISTERED OFFICE VSB, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort,
Mumbai – 400 001.
CORPORATE OFFICE C21& C36, ‘G’ Block, Bandra Kurla Complex,
Mumbai – 400 098.

Tata Communications
Plot # C-21 and C-36
Block G
Bandra Kurla Complex
Bandra (East)
Mumbai 400098
Tel +91 22 66578765

Tata Communications
5th Floor, Tower-C
Corporate Centre
Plot No. C21 & C36
Bandra Kurla Complex
Near MTNL, Bandra (East)
Mumbai 400 051
India
Phone: +91 (22) 6657 8765
Fax: +91 (22) 6659 1912
Email: ravindran.s@tatacommunications.com
Directions: View map

Hit their claims on Corporate Governance posted at link:

https://www.tatacommunications.com/investors/corp_gov.asp

You can also lodge a complaint with TRAI.

If no relief is granted you have the option of lodging a complaint with consumer forum also.

You can also tame and shame them by approaching :

pehredar@network18online.com

https://www.mouthshut.com/

kilimanjaro (md)     14 January 2012

Thank you very much Mr. Kumar Doab . 

You help is really appreciated very much. Thank you once again.

Any  big company does not mean that they can fool around with their customers .

in my case if the Nodal officer had already sent a request letter i would have easily handed over the wimax instrument but he took it very personally and disconected my internet connection and then all this trouble happened.

Im least bothered about my internet connection now.  I just want justice for all the trouble and mental pressure i got from these people.

Thank you Mr. Kumar Doab . 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 January 2012

You are right. Company or brand name becomes big due to customer. However alongwith this comes a responsibility to justify the confidence posed by customer by providing good service and to remain attentive to the customer. Nodal Officer is not any governor of the state who has to be treated with some title like " His Excellency" he is just another paid/salaried employee who get salary due to the customer.

Kindly take him to task, and do not spare him.

You can lodge a criminal complaint with police comissioner for hacking your password and name this nodal officer and demand for supplying you the name of employees who collude with this nodal officer to hack your password and harass you. Let this nodal officer sit on the bench.

Even if the letter has been sent you can raise your demands...........Do not lower your guard and do not give up the idea of lodging comaplint with good and high offices of TATA. If your correct this nodal officver you shall be helping many of fellow citizens and after this episode 

You may demand disbursement of all emails, phone calls, parking charge, traveling charge from the comapny + damages+ compensation.

This nodal officer wants to get away without any penalty after causing insult, harassment but he deserves to be penalised.

kilimanjaro (md)     15 January 2012

Ok i was able to login to my webmail today after knowing the answer to the secret question and what is see is that , the Blackmail email which was sent from the chennai nodal officer along with the reply emails i have sent back to tata communication customer service , Applet officer , Helpdesk email and the nodal officer has been deleted and all the complaint emails also deleted which i sent to all these related emails.

Who ever the fool did this forgot that i have also sent a copy of the same emails to TRAI officer.

offcially sent a complaint to Tamilnadu police on the internet and planning to meet the commisioner tomorrow with all the related documents. 

Kindly have a look into the attaced images

Attached File : 341482292 inbox emails deleted.jpg, 341482292 tata communication sms.png, 341482292 sent email deleted proof.jpg downloaded: 289 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2012

You have posted that " Nodal Officer stated that he will keep the issue posted as Appointment Issue"

implying that he shall reduce the matter to only for " that customer is not /has not granted appointment".

While as per your record they have thnaked you for succesfully purchasing " Wimax Instrument".

They shall interpret it as due to technical problem wimax equipment was installed and no receipt was collected from customer, and therefore no acknowledgment was required to be given for collecting it back.

They shall pass the blame on notes in note pad of computer of some Customer service executive who might have recorded that you had asked for reset of secret question and password.

Even if they delete the emails and even if they have their own server, if cyber crime police acts properly they can do the needful.

However it is mandatory for any sales/service/technical person to handover the copy of report of transaction at customer address with his customer signatyure on the report.

It appears that no company does it.

You can obtain the status of action taken from Commissioner/cyber crime cell thru RTI. While you raise RTI insist on reply by redg/speed post and to supply you only the certifies copies of documents and not just photocopy. If possible raise the issue in print and electronic media.

Involve your friends and well wishers in all spheres, media, police, politics etc.

So far i have recorder most of the phone conversation i had with the nodal officer and also with the call center.

Where the nodal officer has admited things which are contracditing his own claims which he is refering to as an appointment issue. 

The nodal officer and the applet officer is literally so scared of me to call me now on my mobile phone.

They have disconected my internet without any prior notice

They have closed my complaint without any resolution

They have hacked my mail and deleted the email i sent and the blackmail email nodal officer sent to me

they have suspended my account so that i cant raise any more complaints

They have put suspension charges for no reason

My account credit limit is 2300 rupees and 107 rupees suspension charges pending with a due date of january 27th 2012 and still my account is suspended.

call center has no information to any of the questions im asking them related to my account 

Even yesterday he had sent one executive to recover the wimax instrument , the executive lied to me over the phone saying that he only coming to my place to restore my internet connection and once he was at my place he asked me to handover the wimax instrument.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 January 2012

Next time record the video.

You have a fit case for consumer complaint.

Try one complaint with MD, company secretary as well, followed by notice ( which you can also send), and mention that you shall be constraine to  go public with your complaint and to approach the institutions of police, court of law, consumer forum, print and electronic media, NGO's, social and legal forums, consumer portals, Govt. regulators, minstries,ministres etc

If you have friends and can form a group and go for mass disconnection nothing like it.

Send one complaint to pehredar also.

i have sent a request email to the customer care to recover my deleted emails.

Lets see if that can help and i very much doubt that they are going to do this m if they do my case will 

become much more stronger.

Biggest Bill Joke from Tata Communication . Kindly have a look at this attachment image

Attached File : 341515277 tata suspension bill.jpg downloaded: 204 times

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 January 2012

The billing is not closed by the company and they shall continue to levy late payment charges.

You should address the complaint to appellate authority and mention that the connection is disconnected by the company and thus is not in use and then how can they levy any charge including suspension charge and late payment charge while company has already collected extra payment from you.

You may demand the payment of losses sufferred by you and attach list of other charges e.g. emails, phone calls, etc.and add that you shall levy penalty/interest @ .......%/day  to be supplied to you say within ...........days by bank DD only by redg/speed post only and the interest shall continue to accrue till payment is supplied  to you

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 January 2012

Close the bil ASAP and send a written request for stopping all your services.

Rest you have been rightly guided by Kumar Doab.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

kilimanjaro (md)     09 February 2012

Latest update .. 

Company claims that i have raised a request for the reset of the secret question and answer.

This after 45 days and without any proof .

What proof i have  i have more than 20 phone calls made to customer service on 7th of january 

asking how and who has hacked and reset my secret question and password for it.

The chennai nodal team had already threatened me by sending a letter stating the same 

and also warned me that if i share this incident online , the company will take legal action against me ?

View the letter in the attachment file.

Attached File : 388188681 33333333333333333333.jpg downloaded: 110 times

kilimanjaro (md)     09 February 2012

i want to take this issue to the court and i know i have enuff evidence to prove my stand.

Kindly suugest me how to proceed and i would also like to get this to the media attention 

like television and newspapers.

India cyber crime is of no use and even after 45 days making a complaint they have not done anything yet.

Have also sent the complaints to TRAI and so far no response from TRAI 

If these organisations really work and take proper action against these kind of company then 

they will all learn and respect the customer.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 February 2012

Company has claimed you have asked them to change the secret qustion, and company can be asked to produce the proof e.g. call recording.

Company has also pointed out that thier services are not binding and you can change the service provider.

You can take the company to consumer forum for deficiency in service,unfair trade pratcises. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register