LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kishore (student)     23 February 2016

Accident claim

hi sir my name is kishore, i am having a younger brother ,he recently meet with the accident and he was died in that accident , his age is 27 at time of accident he was a research scholar he still pursuing it, at central university of rajasthan .the police had declared that the accident was happend due to the neglizence of the driver ,the driver is possesing insurance and it is in force.now my question is how much compenstation can we get .my brother did not get married ,my mother age is 50 and my father age is 52

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 February 2016

Engage the services of a seasoned and good lawyer handling such cases and MACT cases.

If there has been any insurance thru Bank Saving a/c, ATM/DEbit/Credit Cards, Personal insurance, ESIC, PF (EDLI), Group Insurance, and thru university, and employee compensation Act,lodge claim.

Obtain proper acknowledgment from everyone of all originals submitted.

Aashish George (lawyer)     24 February 2016

I am sorry for your loss, I agree with the advice that you need to hire a good advocate in order to fight your claim in court. Kindly go through the judgement of supreme Court in the case of sarla verma. You will understand that calculation used in these cases. Hope this helps

Aashish George (lawyer)     24 February 2016

I am sorry for your loss, I agree with the advice that you need to hire a good advocate in order to fight your claim in court. Kindly go through the judgement of supreme Court in the case of sarla verma. You will understand that calculation used in these cases. Hope this helps

jyotirmaya behera (advocate)     24 February 2016

You can file MACT Case under section 166 of M.V.Act. if you want to get higher compensation amount then you have to show the income of you brother nor the court will calculate the Notional income as per the Act.

For this case you have to contact with your local lawyer who may know the insurance case.

You have to collect the following documents:-

1. FIR copy
  2. Postmortem report
  3. Income
  4. Vehicle Number etc

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register