LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atul (Student)     24 September 2013

Accident case: witnesses are not turning up

There is an accident case on my name, done by state gov as I had met with an accident and had run away from the scene. No body died, but I ended up injuring two ladies. I have been attending hearings from a year now. All I do is to go in the court mark myself present and go back home. there is nothing happening on my case, those ladies are not turning up as witness. My lawyer is not keeping me well informed about the state of the case. 

What should I do? Shouldn't  this case be dismissed automatically as no witness is turning up and nothing happening in the court? Please help.

Learning

3 Replies

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     24 September 2013

Take a clear cut direction from "high court " to decide the case in specific time!

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     24 September 2013

AGREE WITH EXPERT, YOU CAN FILE AN APPLICATION FOR PLEA BARGAINING BEFORE COURT OR APPROACH FOR ISSUE WARRANT AGAINST THE WITNESSES.

Atul (Student)     25 September 2013

Thanks for reply people

Hi, I am not very keen on issuing warrant against those people as they are poor. I just want  somehow to cancel this case and get free of this, cause nothing is happening here. So I will now speak with my lawyer for application for bargaining time before the court.

What if she tries to scare me by saying that this may not be good for my case? how much money am I suppose to spend on this application process?

Is there anything else I should know?

-Atul

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register