Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

in95111111 (owner)     29 June 2013

Access denied to the computer system & entry to office

Dear Friends,

I am an employee with a very big insurance multinational. Few months back, my boss & his superior had a bad tussle and since then his superior has decided not to allow us enter him or his team to the office premise out of personal vindictiveness & threatned us of  dire consequences. On informing the whole issue to the HR head via email, she told me patch up with the issue. But still that superior did not allowed me to enter the premise. Rather a few days back the HR issued me a letter of absenteeism leading to termination. I have again emailed them describing the whole situation. But more than 4 days have past, they have not replied. But this is causing me invaluable loss to my career.

While it is a well documented case of harrasment & hostility & inaction by the HR, can I file a lawsuit & claim compensation for that harassement from the company ?

Learning

2 Replies

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     29 June 2013

email correspondence can be taken as evidence in legal issues 

but in your case are you going to office regularly even though they does not allow you to enter the office but your presence is fore most creiteria to show that you are regular but the senior is not allowing  you in side the premises and about hr department not responding to your email write another email and wait for a week in mean time go to office and if possible give in hand written letter that you are coming to office and you are ready to attend the duties and state the reason and give in person to the hr deparatment head and also the senior most in the office and consult a lawyer who will give the correct steps personally 

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 June 2013

These insurance companies have internal Grievance Redressal System.

Then there is possibility to escalate to Appointing Authority, MD, CEO, Company Secretary……………..

In your kind of situation majority of the employee make a blunder by writing anything or everything……………….whereas the representations should be carefully structured and drafted to suit interest of the employee and build favorable record for future.

The points to cover are: the employee is not absent, has not abstained/abandoned/ absconded…………..

The matter reported by you has been most probably reported as Compliance Issue, Indispline, Misconduct…………….and company/HR has prepared for separation…………hence the email id, entry to office is blocked………………..

The letter/show cause notice of HR should preferably be replied as per draft structured by a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer………….

Without wasting time approach a competent and experienced labor consultant/service lawyer, show copy of your appointment letter, HR policy, Compliance policy, Exit policy, severance policy, emails sent and received, letter/show cause notice, give inputs in person ( without concealing any thing) and proceed under expert advise of your lawyer.

If you think it is appropriate you may send a PM and share the details of this insurance company, your designation, state in which you are located, state in which this company has its redg office/corporate office etc ………………..and there might be possibility of sharing some useful inputs.

Kindly proceed as deemed fit and suitable at your end.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register