Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LookingForHelpingHand (Individual)     11 August 2014

Abusive wife - financial losses

Dear Friends,

I have a Question.

I am in huge Financial loss.  I am trying to cope up doing work to look after my 2 daughters, wife, and myself.

But my wife is not living up to my standards i.e., as per my current financial situation.  She intentionally taking grudge on me by spending more on daily commodities like milk, rice, oil, etc.

Does wife has responsibility to live as per husband's salary??

She always yells and shouts, and for this reason, we are made to shift various places for rent.(as neighbor's complaint to owner and owners asks to vacate)

Many caste meetings held, but she does the same again and again.

This is affecting my job as well.  So, how to prove this under cruelty grounds.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

rising up again (FFF)     11 August 2014

this is'nt cruelty and no ground for divorce. also if it is.....taking a divorce is an expensive affair for the MAN. Either mutually or contested you end up spending huge amounts by way of giving alimony. And am sure with the financial condition stated by you.....you cannot even afford that. 

Hence, best advice is to 1. start working harder and smarter and earn more money. 2. make her understand through a counsellor or a senior member from your family. 3. even if she spend much on rice, wheat etc....she cannot eat more than her capacity...then why worry. If she would have been spending on her other expenses and hobbies, then you cud hve complained. 

If you cannt do the above three............ learn to adjust !!! 

(Guest)
Originally posted by : LookingForHelpingHand

Dear Friends,

I have a Question.

I am in huge Financial loss.  I am trying to cope up doing work to look after my 2 daughters, wife, and myself.

But my wife is not living up to my standards i.e., as per my current financial situation.  She intentionally taking grudge on me by spending more on daily commodities like milk, rice, oil, etc.

Does wife has responsibility to live as per husband's salary??

She always yells and shouts, and for this reason, we are made to shift various places for rent.(as neighbor's complaint to owner and owners asks to vacate)

Many caste meetings held, but she does the same again and again.

This is affecting my job as well.  So, how to prove this under cruelty grounds.

Please guide.

Thanks in advance.

Are you mentally insane?  Or you are a eunuch?

The things which you are explaining are so childish.

If you are not capable of handling your wife, then make sure that you video record her movements and actions.  Record her voice when she is shouting.  Get people who could confess the same about your wife’s behavior.

Instead of thinking about financial losses, directly file divorce petition based on cruelty.

If you still keep doing drama here about your problems.  I am sure you wont last long in this world.

Always remember one thing, if there is peace of mind whatever you do work, earn, live life… will have some meaning, but this my friend what your are leading is a meaningless life.  File for divorce asap and get rid of the headache and stop creating new threads for day to day domestic problems.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 August 2014

No doubt this is just another domestic trivial issue,which happens in almost every third household in our country, those who are able to manage, survive, those who are not  suffer and remain perplexed over the doomed life cursing their fate.  This overspending habit of wife will ruin the family and drain out the savings kept for future contingencies. Hence something has to be done to it, i.e., considering the kids future, matters to be reconciled through her parents or elderly relatives of her side, if all the efforts fail, think of legal recourse for a proper solution, patience is important especially considering the children well being.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register