Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     11 October 2016

Abuse of authority by a govt offier

Hi,

I am residing and working in Bangalore (Karnataka). I work for an MNC and pay my taxes to the government. Off late, the locality that I stay at, I see continuous power / electricity interruptions. I have escalated this to the officials many times. Recently, I escalated the matter to the senior most officials at KPTCL. Escalation was directed to the area Executive Engineer at BESCOM.

This EE at first sent a reply stating everything was explained to me (about the sitaution), basically, he was lying about the entire situation. Which in fact caused me agitation. To and fro of emails continued. At the end, his tone in that email was threatening and calling me a lier.

No response what so ever from the senio officials of KPTCL on this entire matter.

I need to know what are the legal rights of a tax paying citizen? This EE of BESCOM states he / BESCOM / KPTCL is not obligated to answer any of my complaints / questions.

Clearly, I see abuse of autority and power. I would like to now settle this leagally. Hence, requesting for guidance, please.

Thanks in advance.

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     12 October 2016

Sir, 

You can file the RTI and get to know everything, another option is you can file a writ before the High Court and seek the status report of your query. 

https://kapilchandnaadvocate.wordpress.com/

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register