LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VAIBHAV SINGH   06 April 2017

Absence from election duty on medical grounds

Hello experts, One of my relatives has been appointed as presiding officer for BYE ELECTIONS 2017. He has been undergoing mental treatment for 4 months from a prestigious govt. hospital, but somehow he managed to attend his trainings. But his mental condition deteriorated further and has been advised for rest. The duration of rest also includes date of POLLING.My relatives have already provided election authorities including Returning officer his complete treatment report along with medical certificate issued by doctor. But the officials didnot reply.If message comes for duty AND HE DOES NOT ATTEND DUTY, WHAT CAN BE THE CONSEQUENCES FOR THIS?? PLEASE REPLY URGENTLY

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 April 2017

Apparently: The reasons are found worthy for granting sanction for absence.

Try to meet and explain and get sanction.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 April 2017

Not able to agree. 

If SMS is received for further training then he has to attend failing which liable to be arrested.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 April 2017

To querist post 12 days ago:

“But the officials didnot reply.”

The response 11 days ago  is:

“Apparently: The reasons are found worthy for granting sanction for absence. Try to meet and explain and get sanction.”

During these 11 days probably the querist has understood the response and has acted on it, to defend his interest.

Or may act to get sanction.

That is essence of my post for querist.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register