Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamal   07 July 2017

Absconding because of no proper pay

Hi,

This is Kamal, just wanted to clarify some absconding cases with reference to the salary discripencies. 

I am working for an company, which is based out in Malaysia / Singapore. where in i am working from India. I was offered an package of 11 LPA and 1 LPA is the Variable pay. also they have given the promise of Mobile and Internet bills, i was informed that there is no deducution in the package of 11 LPA as i have to take care of tax. but for last two months there is lot of deduction in terms of LTA / LTC. but it was not given in the offer letter as well, also mobile and internet was not paid for two months. 

Please let me know if there is any issues they that can do legally if i abscond. please some suggession. As i am not willing to serve notice also since they are not keeping the promises. 

Kindly advise

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2017

Why should employee abscond/abstain/absent?

Do you have evidence of comittement to pay these amounts?

Has any appointment letter been issued to you along with descripttion of payables?

The said reimbursement of bills is narrated in it and also LTA/LTC or by any communication on record?

Do you have copy of reimbursement forms/bills/POD -submission of these?

Is it declined in writing?

Have you represented in writing?

If yes did you get written reply?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 July 2017

Express your concerns in writing (under proper acknowledgment and copy to you) citing discussion/communication with specific reference to dates/names etc and request to reimburse and also confirm in writing that these shall be paid in future also.

Build some irrefutable written record to establish that employer backed out on its promise(s).

Go thru rules on LTS/LTC.

Self reading can also help.

Instead try with your own skills and render employer violator of its own promises and unworthy to be employed with.

However remain gentle and amiable all along.

Let employer waive off the notice period and relieve you with proper relieving docs and clear BGV in future.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 July 2017

If you have informed employer ( on irrefutable record) that you are unable/unwilling to work if wages are not paid on promised/fixed day then you have not abstained.

If you have infomed separattion ( on irrefutable record) then you have not abstained/absented/absconded.

This employer will find someone else and may continue with same conduct.

So even if you let comunity of employees knwo that the employer is unworthy to be employed with the employer and/or its attorney's in Line management/HR/Legal cells will find some replacement.............

Likewise you find employer with good HR practices and this time better negotiate and get everything in writing before you join.

It is believed that you have not signed any service agreement/bond.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register