Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Balaji   13 November 2018

About tamilnadu registration of marriages act 2009

Hello,

I did the marriage on 29/01/2016 under the Tamilnadu Registration of Marriages Act 2009 and it is a love marriage with friends signatures which both of our parents not aware of it. Now as per the Hindu customs I am married to the same girl again on November 2, 2018 after parents acceptance and we have not registered the marriage happened under Hindu customs.

My question is, since our parents do not know till now about the marriage happened earlier (29/01/2016) , is it possible to registar the marriage again under the Hindu act with the date as Nov 2, 2018 ? Since i need to take my wife abroad and to take the dependent visa i need marriage certificate and my parents are asking us to take one. If my parents come to know abt the marriage which happened on 29/01/2016 without their knowledge, then me and my wife will be on trouble.

So please let me know if it is legal to register under the hindu marriage act dated as Nov 2, 2018 eventhough i have a marriage certificate under Tamilnadu Registration of Marriages Act 2009 dated 29/01/2016.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 November 2018

According to you your marriage already registered. That is enough to get the marrriage certificate. No need again with your parents consent.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register