Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monica (fresher)     03 January 2014

About property

Hi

My Father  in law has two sons and one daughter in which my husband is younger son.they are having  own house and my mother inlaws gold.i have one daughter will my daughter have right on their property. is it possible to my father inlaw to register house to his daughter without my husbands signiture.

2) will my daughter have right on my mother -in-laws gold.

3)they have taken dowry from me and now they are asking me to leave the home,can i file domestic violence case on them.

4)will i get my dowry amount back from my inlaws 

Learning

4 Replies

Ranee....... (NA)     03 January 2014

Do you have good relation with your husband ?

If the property is selfearned by your father in law then he can give it to anyone.No body has any right to claim it.

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     04 January 2014

1.    Minor till her father is alive will not have any rights on asked properties nor on her grandmother’s gold.

2.    Giving dowry is as much crime as taking. You will get protection but a smart advocate of his side can make your parents wake up to sleepless nights by mere mention of giving dowry. If you say here that they have your gold then proper way is to seek their return by setting up elders meeting. Failing which make up mind if you want divorce (end up relationship) then meet an advocate and file for divorce on applicable grounds and prove them in court of Law and in an seperate petition under the same Act (assuming parties are Hindu) you may also seek return of your stridhan items. These are civil laws which are to be used unless advisory circle advice you of using criminal laws which makes spousal issues more complicated and then patience in war of roses is call of the day.

3.    In laws having property read with someone in them keeping custody of mother in law's gold and your husband being the youngest are not conducive grounds to end marital relationships.  Be it so if they are asking you to leave matrimonial home then it is adviced to settle the issues that prompts them to un-reasonably say so all these amicably as divorce should be avoided as much as possible until the woman who is facing so is not empowered enough to understand what she has in store for her in Court corridors and Advocate chambers.

maks (SE)     04 January 2014

"Giving dowry is as much crime as taking. You will get protection but a smart advocate of his side can make your parents wake up to sleepless nights by mere mention of giving dowry". How?

alia_alian (journalism)     05 January 2014

Originally posted by : maks

"Giving dowry is as much crime as taking. You will get protection but a smart advocate of his side can make your parents wake up to sleepless nights by mere mention of giving dowry". How?

yes.How.I never heard a parent punished for giving dowryyy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register