LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun Sai Krishnan   04 February 2018

About how to study contract general principles

The experts i'm being a student, i'm facing trobules in learning the general principles of contract and specific releif principles, guide some points to easy to remember case laws and contents in the relevant sections Please send the valuable replies at www.arju555@gmail.com

Learning

1 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     05 February 2018

I want to tell you one thing. Understanding the law is most important. Citing the case laws or quoting sections is secondary. Without understanding the legal points, if you try to impress the examiner by merely quoting sections and citing case laws, you may not get good marks. I had studied law at the age of 40 in evening College in Hyderabad. I never quoted any Section or cited case laws while writing any of the papers.  I was used to give example as Person A and Person B to make the examiner to observe that I understood the legal point. Read well to understand the legal points and logic behind each section and sub section. Do not try to get anything by heart. Getting by heart is not knowledge. Knowedge is understanding the law.You must have seen many many many books in any Lawyer's Office in big almirahs. Why Lawyers store all those books if they have passed the examination by knowing all the sections and case laws? They keep the books to refer to the same and quote the section or case law in case of need.  While writing plaint or pleading before the court, in real cases, you have the luxury of carrying the relevant books and files with you.

Finally, I wish to give my pice of advice to read to understand and to just memorise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register