LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

carterclemency (abc)     28 November 2014

About complaint to bar council-

sir, i am based out of kerala was working abroad until recently nd hired a lawyer based out of mumbai for assisting on some court document search process...was referred by a friend to this lawyer..inspite of waiting for months, no information is provided till date..and i was not getting a refund in his process as well.if i had to complain this to bar council..can i do this at the kerala bar council or does it need to be at the mumbai bar council..can this complaint be done online along with all necessary documents? what if the lawyer tries to delay it purposefully for more than a year? i heard that the  case will automatically gets dissolved in that case. .is that true..how effective is the bar council in taking actions or atleast hearing the side of client concern in situations like this?

Learning

1 Replies

Hardeep (Business)     30 November 2014

AFAIK :

1) Complaint has to be initiated with the Mumbai Bar Council

2) There is no procedure for online complaint.

3) There is a recommended format for this at :

https://www.barcouncilmahgoa.org/images/fee-aff.pdf

Not sure if this is current, but you can call up the Bar Council Mumbai and confirm.

DISCLAIMER : General information and advice provided is without any warranties as to suitability for any use, correctness and application to any specific case. Please always take proper legal counsel . However, if it helped anyone even a little a " thanks" via the "Thanks Contributor Button " would be appreciated and would encourage me to keep on making efforts :-) . I am also always open to corrections and further learnings from more experienced Seniors here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register