LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chandrashekhar Salunkhe   06 May 2019

About RTI act

As per second appel officer the information or document required must be provide to me by perticular officer....but still he can't provide me that information and required documents...he just send one speed post to me including one latter...and in a latter he written that ..the required documents and information provided to me but i can't give him a sign....and same latter copy send to second appel officer....but in actul he can't provide me any document and information reqired....so now i don't know what next step i can....please suggest

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     06 May 2019

appeal to CIC

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 May 2019

I am afraid that you lack understanding of the stipulations in RTI Act.  Please read Sec.19 in RTI Act in any website of public authority.  There are three steps involved in this exercise.

1. An application seeking information that is available in material form and in custody and control of Public Authority has to be filed before designated Public Information officer in that public authority and PIO must either provide information or deny information stating such section/subsection 8 or 9 with justification for denial within 30 days from date of receiving application.

2. If the applicant is not satisfied, he must file the First Appeal before designated First Appellate Authority of the same organization.  FAA  has to deliver orders.within 30 days and for reasons explained the maximum 45 days.

3. If the appellant is not still satisfied with FAA orders he may prefer the SECOND APPEAL to Information Commission (STATE or Central) depending on the status of PA. Appellant can go for second appeal within 90 days from receipt of FAA orders.

4. The normal waiting time for getting hearig opportunity may range from 18 months to 3 years depending on pending appeals.

It appears that member has secured FAA orders and PIO has provided incomplete information.  Please file ADDENDUM to First appeal to FAA stating the information solicited, FAA orders and information actually provided by PIO.  The grounds of appeal are PIO providing incomplete information after FAA orders and deliberately disobeying the reasonable orders of his superior and failing in his statutory obligation.  Please do state the information not provided specifically and mark this addendum copy to IC.

4. Disobeying orders of FAA will be taken seriously by IC as he will be reduced to implementing officer of FAA orders.

This is the laid down procedure and study where your issue stands and continue the process.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 May 2019

The facts, as posted, lacks clarity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register