Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vetri   13 June 2016

A suggestion required on accident case- filed under 279/337

Hi,

I am Vetri. I met with an accident on June 06, 2016 by 10 AM with a Hero Pleasure Vehicle. A lady(Driver) who was crossing the road in a one way road(wrong side) carrying triples in her Hero Pleasure hit my vehicle Hero Honda Splendor and we all 4 fell from the vehicle( no major injuries,not even a blood drop came out of any ones body,meanwhile i called the lady's husband from my mobile for their support). People around the scene started shouting at the lady for her careless driving as the mistake was on their side, to make them feel better and to avoid more crowd/traffic, as on Humanitarian ground, I took them to the hospital, make them had the primary check ups and after the doctor assured that they 3 are safe and nothing to worry, i dropped them at their home.During a friendly talk with the lady's husband at the hospital, i gave them my details(Name, Mobile Number, My office details).Things were normal till evening that day. By 6:30 PM, i received a call from the lady's husband informing me that their vehicle repiar costs Rs. 6850 so i have to give them the amount which costs repairing the vehicle. I replied that the accident wasnt my fault and its urs mistake to hit me by coming on wrong side. so i will not give you any amount for this and disconnected the cal. Next day morning, her husnand called me and said , his mom who was in pillion seat got heart pain last night, we have admitted her in a private hospital and asked me to come to hospital, i said the same, why should i come to hospital when its not my mistake and she was alright when the doctor examined after the accident. he kept calling me from unknowm numbers, i avoided calls from every unknown number. Later a week, Sub inspector came to my home and asked me the details of accident and personal details.i gave him every detail that he needed. he asked me to come to police station next day. I went to PS next day with a friend. he asked me to sign a Charge sheet. i said him that i will sign this after reading the FIR that they have given. He replied," Just Sign the form, we will not do any bad to you".i felt myself how supid i am to believe policeman's word while reading the FIR after signing the Charge sheet. I WAS BOOKED under two sections IPC 279 and 337 for rash and negliance driving which hurts people severly. i asked the police that Sir, everything mentioned here is against me and not true. Police said, " This is the simplest way to close the file and save your time, else if you want to claim this is wrong, you have to pay an advocate and file a case, which will cost you more money and time, but now everyting will be over once you take your vehicle to RTO and pay fine at Court on the day when i call you to come and also he added this is just a small case and it will not affect your future or your vehicle in any way, feel free. I am unaware of the consequences for the simple signature that i have given in Charge Sheet and i am confused what to do further?.

If you have any suggestions, please do reply.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register