Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

deepak (N/A)     19 August 2013

A half-sibling

Dear Sir, 

Requesting Some legal advice..

My late Grandfather have a half-sibling {great grandfather married twice}. 3 years ago my father entered in a rent agreement with him for a piece of land that is still in my grandfather's name and some part of land is in my grandmother's name.The problem is that my grandfather's brother (half sibling) is not handing over the property's papers to us coz 80% of the property is either in my deceased  grandfather's or in my grandmother's name due to this my father stopped paying rent to after 1 year and now he sent us a legal notice from a lawyer. The problem started when my father wanted to disposed of some property and asked for the papers needed to sell of some part of property and my grandfather's brother denied to hand over those papers.Rent Agreement is not registered at Sub-Register office.Please Suggest me what are legal things we may need to follow to get the papers of our property in our name.

Learning

1 Replies

Manish Kumar Gupta (Deputy Legal Manager)     24 August 2013

Dear Deepak,

You needs to check the revenue records, in who's name this property is registered. Acording to that information you can file a partition suit against the other legal heir in the property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register