LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

tree1972   02 December 2015

7/12 change of name

My father purchased a agricultural land from a local farmer in the year 1988.The Purchase sale deed was registered in the name of my father and mother in tahsildar office in 1988.The uttara and index two was also transferred subsec*ntely but after so many years the 7/12 remained still in the name of the previous owner.In the year 2011 my father expired and my mother inherited the whole property in her name.I approached the tahsildar office with the request to change the 7/12 in the name of my mother who was a farmer before from 1982 and had the 7/12 extract in her name of the land she owned in kolkatta.however after we followed all the procedures of the tahsil,the order was passed by the tahsildar to change the 7/12 in the name of my deceased father and mother.I was asked to hand over personally the order to the talathi of the area we own the land and after i submitted the order the talathi says that i have to bring the previous owner also to sign in the talathi office.The previous owner though a farmer is a local dehati goon and have tried to extrot money from me previously saying that the 7/12 is in his name and to change it to my mothers name he wants money in lakhs that i do not have.I fear that the previous owner would never come to sign the change of name(pher phar) and that the talathi says without it the changes cannot be done.Please help me and guide me so that i can be able to change the name of our land in the name of my mother.thanks regards

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     02 December 2015

Thank that he has not asked you to bring your father to sign.

tree1972   07 December 2015

Dear all Experts,

Kindly shed some light how can i proceed to change the 7/12 in the name of my  father and mother.Your valuable time and suggestion is highly appreciated,thanks

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register