Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

guru prasad   02 January 2017

60 days money pay back guarantee not fulfilled by consutancy

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am trying to get jobs outside india.
i tried Opulentus Consultancy.

1. Consultancy said 60 days money back guarateed if not satisfied with the job search and job placement process. They said they will be able to get job within 60 days or else money back guranteed.
2. i paid US $40 as registration (US$40 * 65 = Rate INR 2600 rupees at that time)
3. After background verification etc.. they asked to pay $125 for other fees like case manager analysis, job search fees, sponsership etc
4. i paid this fee too $125 (US$125 * 65 = INR 8125 rupees)

US dollar value was 1 US Dolar = 65 Rupees.
So, totally i spent INR 10,725 ($165 at that time)

5. After this interview happened.which was not that much good, client also was not good. Also salary package was not expected.
6. After this they asked to pay (US $300 to $500) for VISA, Trasnport, Ticket, Accomadation etc.
7. But i was not satisfied so i asked them to repay my money back.
8. They said during month end only they can repay the amount as per company policies.

Now, 1 US dollar = 66 Rupees at this time.

9. At month end they paid me only US $ 155 (155 * 66 = INR 10,230 Rupees). Stating that dedcutions like Tax, Processing documents etc.
10. i was expecting they would pay me, US $165 which is INR 10,890.

To be honest, i spent only INR 10,725. But as per cash back they hav to pay me INR 10,890.
But they paid me only INR 10,230.

Can you please tell me if i have chance of getting INR 660 (INR 10,890 minus INR 10,230) which is US $11 from them?

Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 January 2017

Go thru the written communications, policies,T&C that you signed.

To take you chance you have to first write to them.

Let them reply whatever they want and cite from written communications, policies,T&C that they signed, with you.

If they want they can even refund tax (if any) deposited by them for their face value.

Or forget about it.

They seem to have tried and must have spent this much amount in communicating and working for you.

guru prasad   02 January 2017

Hi Sir,

All this process was online and in the T&C from the email they have mentioned they won't pay back amount dealing with courier processing, any TAX incurred.
It was very big document.
Also they dont have office here in the city.

i made mistake by not going thru document properly.

Should i have to accept this is my mistake or process further for claiming my cashback money.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 January 2017

If charges for processing documents ( although not understood what exactly it is) as mentioned in your 1st post is not mentioned in the said T&C is not mentioned then write and try.

The company must have sent many couriers as and when required to you or concerend offices.

They may give you and copy of courier bills and justify.

Instead of making phone calls, write and close. 

Or forget about it. They seem to have tried and must have spent this much amount in communicating and working for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register