LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashwini Kumar (Project Manager)     07 June 2014

6 months salary

Hi I am Ashwini Kumar, I have a major complaint against Group K Technologies Pvt. LTD. I joined Group K Technologies Pvt. LTD on 23Feb 2013 as Project Manager in IT Division and working here till date. The reason for my complaint is that since January 2014 the company is not sending us the salary for the last 6 Months. I joined the organization with a commitment to work hard, grow professionally, stay with the organization and build up my career with no intention of leaving in the near future. I proved it by building up a base for Group K Technologies Pvt. LTD and also the client’s are actively engaged with the company in terms of taking consulting services. I am entirely dependent on my salary to run my monthly household expenses and at this point of time, even I am not sure how much time it will take for me to find a suitable job as the market is also so slow, I am looking forward to my salary release to pay my monthly bills. I am facing a lot of problem by not receiving my salary till date. I was hoping they will release but they don't pic up my calls nor they answer my mails. My salary accrues on the 10th day of every month, and I am still waiting for my salary, so I request you to help me to get my salary for the last six months. I am waiting for your quick response from you.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 June 2014

You have given very long rope to this employer.

You are wasting your time here and increasing your own debts………………..

Employee can lodge a complaint the moment his wages are not paid and delayed even by a day and employer can be penalized say by Rs.7500/instance………………

In such a situation the employee can decline to attend to office till earned wages are paid in full……………………………………….and claim that in such a situation the service conditions like notice period/pay have lost its sanctity due to breach of contract by employer……………..  

If employer defaults on payment of wages it may default on PF,ESIC,TDS etc………..
Employee can approach:

----Employees Unions : There are employees unions that have done good job.

--- Trade Unions e.g; CITU, AITUC, INTUC ............................
The trade unions are willing to embrace employees and they are very effective too.

--- Inspector under (name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, If it is commercial establishment.

The employer has to maintain and submit requisite forms and registers according to Shops and Commercial Establishments Act. If the employer makes false entries it is offence.

--- Inspector under Payment of Wages Act: applicable to all employees drawing wages up to Rs.18000/pm as per def. of wages in the Act. 
You may refer to: Payment of Wages Act; Sec13A and 2: 3*[(i), (ia), 3*[(vi), 3, 4 ,5, 13a, 14, 15, 16, 17A, 20………….. and if the Inspector agrees to cover you may immediately submit Form’N’ for recovery of wages.

--- O/o Labor Commissioner:
The Labor Inspector might also be officiating as Inspector under Payment of Wages Act, Inspector under Karnataka Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Small Enterprise Act…………………………..however you may lodge complaints mentioning the enactments separately.

----RPFC thru nearest PF office
----ESTC Inspector in jurisdictional ESTC office; Applicable to all employees drawing wages (as per def. wages in the Act) up to Rs.15000/pm.
--- ITO; TDS where you file your ITR

--- CIT-TDS (jurisdictional) where company files ITR
----Lawyer/Law firm

---Civil Court

Employees have been contemplating to file criminal complaints u/s 406, 420……………………………and to approach employer as creditors treating unpaid wages as debt on employer e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=72011&offset=1#.UvYBGEeBmXV

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Full-n-final-settlement-100310.asp#.U0AEW0eBmXU

The employees have even filed Winding Up petitions and have succeeded.

Before you act further It shall be appropriate to show the job advt, job application, interview call letter, offer letter, selection letter, appointment letter/FTC contract, CTC sheet, Salary Structure, Salary credit details, salary slips, Service rules and regulations, Conduct and discipline rules, Policies handbook ………………………….. Communications exchanged to a competent and experienced Labor consultant/service lawyer at your location, give inputs in person and proceed under the expert advice of your lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register