Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Emmanual@123 (IT)     02 October 2014

500000/- cheque fraud

Hello,

I was going through some tight financial situation & I wanted to close one of my running loan with remaining amount. Some one named Ajay Malhotra  contacted me behalf of some private financer with an offerer of 500000/- with 4% intrest anually and 3 % his commision. Initially I didn't trust him, but he said I do not have to pay anything till the time I receive the cheque. Also I searched his number in internet & found same posts regarding loan offered in Quikr. So I agreed for it & he have me a cheque of 500000/- & came with an agreement in stamp paper just talking about both party name, address amount & rate of intrest. So I paid him 12000/-.

I deposited that cheque in my bank & cheque dishonored, I tried to contact this person multiple times but he is not picking up the phone. I tried to find the address which he gave to me, & not able to find it, seems like its a wrong address. 

I really don't know what to do now! I am worried about the agreement which I signed and 13000/- I paid. I have only given my salary slip & 3 month's bank statement. Can any one please suggest what can I do next.

Thanks in advance

Emmanual.

Learning

15 Replies

Alinawaz (_)     02 October 2014

First of all file a complaint with above details to nearest police station.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     02 October 2014

no other way

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     02 October 2014

hello,

file a complainant to police.

u can also enquire from the bank of which cheque was issued by that person.

Emmanual@123 (IT)     02 October 2014

Tnx guys for your reply.. What will happen to the agrement. Coz in the agrement they hve mentioned the amount, cheque number, tenure, & rate of intrest. So once the cheque bounce will the agrement go invalid???

Also Will it be a good idea before filing a complaint to police send a letter through an advocate  to that, person stating that the cheque is bounced & return the amount which I paid him??

Please advice??

PLACE: DELHI

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     02 October 2014

file a complaint to police and send a notice through advocate.

but where will u send the notice when u dont know the address.

one more thing i want to state that contact the bank of whose cheque you have given to that person and if he has not realized the payment then tell your bank to stop payment.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

Originally posted by : Emmanual@123

Tnx guys for your reply.. What will happen to the agrement. Coz in the agrement they hve mentioned the amount, cheque number, tenure, & rate of intrest. So once the cheque bounce will the agrement go invalid???

Also Will it be a good idea before filing a complaint to police send a letter through an advocate  to that, person stating that the cheque is bounced & return the amount which I paid him??

Please advice??

PLACE: DELHI

Yes you can send ladwyer notice but you have no addess and you are also not clear aboutthe dates the notice should have been served within 15 days of cheque's lateest bouncing.

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     03 October 2014

Hi, You have cheque in your hand, go to that bank and enquire about the detail of drawer of cheque, take legal action accordingly. You must do it immidiately, because he (your loan agent or drawer of cheque) must have reported to police as Cheque Lost, before handed over to you. Now you have presented the cheque, you may be guilty in eyes of police also.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

the views expressed by Mr Ashish SIngla are highly appreciable.  The seasoned fraudster do such tricks as visualised by Mr Singla.

Emmanual@123 (IT)     03 October 2014

I hve contacted CITI bank for the cheque, & they will send it to me by tmrw.. Also I have an copy of agreement regarding the same with the cheque details on stamp paper notory attestd.

ADVOCATE TRILOK (CRIMINAL family PROPERTY topfreind@gmail.com )     04 October 2014

This is NIGERIAN type fraud where people are lured for money at low interest rates.

They do not have money and they are pure cheats.

The purpose is to use your documents at some other place and create liability on you and they siphon out money. Many have been arrested at MUMBAI for such frauds.

Move fast and give full story to police so that you can avoid further trouble.

Emmanual@123 (IT)     08 October 2014

I have filed a complaint to delhi police today with complaint letter, cheque copy, & all other documents. Should I do anything more?

Emmanual@123 (IT)     08 October 2014

I have registered a complaint today n Delhi police, & they put a seal on my application copay & gave it to me. I have to received any MCR no or FIR details. Should I do anything more?? Please advice....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register