LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shruthi.b   11 February 2016

498a with dowry prohibition 3,4 on my husband and family

I filed 498a with Dowry prohibition 3 and 4 on my husband and his parents in September 2015, his family went to High court and applied for squash under 482 as soon as FIR was registered.

when asked for status of the case my lawyer said court gave stay on further investigation madam and this continues till next date of hearing.

Now my problem is, why delay in fir squash as it is running since september and me and my family had been to court for all hearings and my lawyer is taking time. Why is he taking time when we want this to end soon.

My husband said to our common friend that her lawyers are responsible for delay, they are taking time. We are not asking for any time.

Why did court give stay on investigation ?
Why is my lawyer taking time?

Shruthi

Learning

29 Replies

P Kumar Agrawal (Na)     11 February 2016

case can't be quashed in high court untill police investigation has been not completed and final chargesheet submitted.

My Husband lived with me for 25 days and I didnt live with his parents, his lawyer has written this and had ent to us.

But the question is why did court give stay and why my lawyer taking time..?

Shruti I m not getting ur exact case ??? Have u complain to police or filed case in court ??

I complained to police and they registered case on him and his parents and immediately his parents went for FIR squash in High Court.

So high court has no power to quash untill police investigation is not completed..ur lawyer is not with u . so talk directly to sho of Concern PS .

In todays scenario after judgement of arnesh Kumar vs state of Bihar on July 14 police can't register FIR directly. Police conduct counselling and then if both family will not settle on mutual agreement then register FIR .ur from which state???

I am from karnataka. I gave complaint and there was no counselling happened between us, straight away police registered FIR on him and they told that they will add his parents name also and modified the complaint forcefully.

Shruti as u told that ur married life is only 25 days ,So better settle with ur husband and file marriage annulment under hma sec 12. Because 498a is time taking case and will run for 5-6 year . so better settle with some compensation and take back ur shtridhan from him . And start ur life from new beginning .

I mean to say, I lived with my husband for 25 days out of 1 year, he was abroad.

I took back mangalsuthra given by him and my parents didnt give anything to him.

We asked for some amount, he said I will not pay single penny. First prove single wrong thing on me in court and then let me see how he you will get.

Meantime, after this case is registered on him. He has joined law college to fight this case.

Shruti send me ur complain letter on my mail I'd pkagrawal.cil@gmail.com/Whtsapp no 9905287476 so that I can further advice u

srk (Service)     12 February 2016

Reading all your earlier statements its seems that you are taking revenge on him and his family, you did not provide complete information. 

you mentioned that you never lived with his parents and still you want to include his parents names in the FIR and obviously they will go to HC to get the case quashed as you did not live with them for a single day.

you mentioned that your family had never given anything to him, so why would it be DP 3 and 4?

i think you are messing with the wrong person, by the way he is bahaving " Joining the law college to fight the case", he is equipping himself with the right weapon to fight this war. Mr.Shonee kapoor is the only other person i heard of who learn Law to defend his case and he is one of the expert and senior member of this group. 

try to settle this matter impeccably.

1 Like

Shruthi.b   12 February 2016

I gave complaint only on him, but police said you dont understand and they included his parents.

My husband took money for temporary purpose and my family members said to put Dowry act.

Now when my friend spoke to him to settle the case without any money, he told that she made FIR on me and my parents, so we went for squashing. Now she only has to go to court and tell its a false complaint and put an ad in newspaper, I wont come for squashing based on compromise. You have put FIR, go get it squashed or I know how to get it squashed.

Problem is why my lawyer taking time and why stay on case with no next hearing date announced..? what do I do next ?

fighter (Software professional)     12 February 2016

You can settle case right now if you dont want to be in further stress.Try to talk husband and settle amicabley.You have golden chance,Give affidavit of settlement in highcourt on next date of hearing.Case will be finished.You will also free.Time is money.Don't run after money of husabnd.Man and woman are eual.So think about my advise seriously.

Shruthi.b   12 February 2016

You misunderstood. My husband is not willing for settlement with the name of compromise, he is insisting the case should end in squash. No settlement by compromise at any cost or else I will go for trail he said.

My question is why court gave stay and ordered no further investigation in this case till next date..?

Could anyone please answer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register