LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

a singh   26 October 2018

498a trial & quash

I have a 498A case in Trial Court and I have filed a Quash Petition in High Court.

The opposing party has taken an adjournment in Trail Court citing Quash proceedings in High Court. They also filed an adjournment application in High Court. Both the courts have considered the plea and have given long date after six months.

To me, this is clear abuse of legal process. Any suggestions on how to handle this and get earlier dates in both the courts?

Regards

A Singh

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     26 October 2018

What is opinion of the lawyer whom you have engaged at High Court and trial court?

Trial Court lawyer says let them take adjournments for some time.

High court lawyer has agreed to file an application for early date.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     26 October 2018

This usual practice in all Indian courts, there can be no relief on this account unless the number of courts at all level increased as number of litigants had gone up but courts remained limited.

Thanks for your response Mr Mahajan. I completely understabnd if the long dates are given due to workload on the court. However,  in this case the long dates are given only due to request from complainant otherwise the court was giving a date after every 6-8 weeks.

Rahul Arya (Practicing lawyer)     26 October 2018

It's a cruelity of different kind , if the preponment not given by any of the mentioned court.

a singh   27 October 2018

I agree Mr Arya. Will let the forum know what response I get from the courts on my application.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register