LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ambycabin   11 November 2016

498a harassment?

What is the literal meaning of IPC 498a "Horror" "Terror" "Harrassment' ?

Can anyone explain who have experienced 498a recently in year 2016/2015 ?

Is "Terror" only associated with "Police Terror" or anything else?

Is "harrassment" only associated with "economical harrassment" of going to courts, police station and maintenance charges.

Is "Horror" only associated with "bullying in laws" ?

I want to know it because, Such points that I marked in double inverted quotation marks vary person to person. 

1. Terror - We cant assume all Police officers to be same and to bully husband and favour woman 

2. Horror - Some in laws are seen to be frightened too when they are filing fake cases 

3. Harrassment - Some people can afford maintenance and court and lawyer fees/even police bribes      easily.

Please share your experiences, Which should help others putting up a brave fight against the "FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN" 

Learning

5 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     11 November 2016

U can search it on google.

Zoheb Khatri (Practicing in Mumbai ZohebKhatri@gmail.com)     11 November 2016

It depends on case to case basis, and influence of opponent.

Unfortunately No one can be told what the "Legal Terrorism" is, you have to see it by yourself !

Regards,

Zoheb Khatri

Sachin (N.A)     13 November 2016

Completely agreed with autohide4u.

My wife was demanding huge amount and threatening of dire consequences but i never replied, then she herself came for negotiation but I never replied anything except i'll think. Now her lawyer is saying she is not demanding any money give her mutual divorce and she will widraw all the cases. but my reply i'll think.

Ambycabin   13 November 2016

At Sachin, 

On the similar grounds as you have experienced, I am receiving threats plus there is a police complaint. Thanks to Foundations who are setup to fight misuse of this cruel law, I was strong in front of them, AND ALREADY MY LOVELY IS TALKING OF COMPROMISE EVEN BEFORE FIR IS REGISTERED.

TRUTH SHOULD BE SPREAD ACROSS ALL SUFFERERS, BUT I FEEL PEOPLE SHOULD NOT ANYTHING FOR GRANTED AND SHOULD TAKE ANTICIPATORY  BAIL, THAT IS ONLY BECAUSE :

1. CORRUPT/IGNORANT/GENDER BIASED... POLICE OFFICIALS 

2. PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE.

Sachin (N.A)     13 November 2016

Dear Ambycabin,

You did right, always stay strong and clam in front of anyone.

I have explained same things to a another quriest. I am attaching the conversation to give you clear idea 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register