Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

498a compromise in megalokadalat

Hello everyone,

Iam Arun my wife filed 498a case last 6 months back on me and my family members further we took bail and with all elders intervention she agreed for compromise and we moved to mega lokadalat which held on nov 23 in vijayawada Andhra pradesh.

my question is that they have given 3months of time to close the case.i mean they just cross referred our names and everything and they just said date.i really want to know did this 3 months time period to close the case in lokadalat is compulsory ?

please reply me,

THANKING EVERYONE IN THIS FORUM

Learning

6 Replies

rajendra (na)     29 November 2013

yes........

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     29 November 2013

what are the compromise terms

K*I*L*L*E*R (tech)     29 November 2013

Mediation centres also known as lok adalats

Now i believe judge reffered ur case to mediation centre, since they will give u 90 days period to settle up ur disputes where both of u put ur own terms u can finish up even in one sitting but depends how you  both decides and agree to the terms to each other

As per my knowledge and experience finish up the things in 1 to 2 dates more time=more dates=more tension=complocation in resolution

1 Like

Hemant Taylor (ADVOCATE)     30 November 2013

hello Arun, 

If you really wanted your case to be closed, than u should have moved an petition under sec section 482 of Crpc appendng compromise and lok adalat order sheet for quashing of the fir and other proceeding pending pursuant to that fir. Get contact any advocate to file an petition u/s 482 of cr. p. c if u have not filed so far. 

(Guest)

As i stated compromise terms and conditions are they agreed for MCD  and they want written deed on judicial bond paper and myself said yes for their terms and conditions.we have given deed saying 

first party -husband  and second party -wife

Due to disputes arose between the both parties the second party filed a 498a case against first part subsequently with the intervention of the elders both the parties are compromised and settled the matter amicably and are willing to take divorce under mutual consent by filing petiton before the concerned court of law.

both have signed the deed and original copy they took and i have photocopy of the deed.

But  my advocate said on that day 23 nov 2013 mega lokadalat (court got instructions saying that 498a cases will not be closed on the same day on special grounds as all the courts got a fax from national legal sevices) and judge simply given date of february 24 2014.

please suggest me iam in safe hands as i got doubt on my advocate because till on that day he said with only oneday case will be closed in lokadalat and on the day 23 nov 2013 he said rules has changed and judge give time period of 3 months to close the case.

thanks,,

Hemant Taylor (ADVOCATE)     30 November 2013

Mr. have faith on your advocate. Now, sec. 498 A is a non compundable offence and in that case the only court empowered to quash the FIR is the high court only  in which jurisdiction the cause of action arose. Lok adalata are not empowered to quash the FIR and other proceedings pertaining to the same FIR. It can only verify your compromise in presence of both the parties. if u have filed an petition U/S 482 crpc  then u must take a early date so that ur fir be quashed speedly. ask ur advocate that why ur matter has been posted in february if the lok adalat has verified the compromise. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register