Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahadev   27 September 2015

498a - brother abroad

Hello ,

498A and Sec.4 DP Act is filed on my whole family and younger brother is also made an accussed who is staying abroad now for last 2 years . I want to know is there any way i can know what steps girl's side can take to make my brother arrested if he comes to India any time at the airport itself . Whom do they inform and how do they inform due to which as soon as my brother lands in airport whenver he comes might be arrested . please guide .

Learning

6 Replies

KS Johal   27 September 2015

The arresting of your brother depends on the severity of the offence committed. if he is on The Wanted List then a general call out at all airports will be linked via a computer network. because as soon as he arrives they will feed in, his name date of birth, passport number, into the computer then he will be identified as an individual at which point the authorities will inform the police and therefore can be arrested. Again it depends on the severity of the offence committed. If he is not arrested on arrival he may be arrested at his home place in India or on his departure.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     27 September 2015

When was 498A filed? Is chargesheet prepared?Have all of U gone for AB?

Mahadev   28 September 2015

Thanks for your replies . Sainath Sir , the chargesheet is not yet filed . Me and parents have got AB but brother is abroad since long time . He has not done any bail formalities .

KS Johal sir , i wanted to understand is there any way i can secretely find out whether  his name is there in WANTED list or not . 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     28 September 2015

Even though the chargesheet is not yet filed U can ask for a copy of the original complaint.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     28 September 2015

You talk to the I.O. of the case and he will tell you whether they are going to take any coercive action against your brother once he lands or not.

(Guest)

Agree with experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register