LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jeevan (Finance)     23 June 2014

498a - 6 years and still no evidence

My ex-wife (wife that time) filed 498a and it's over 6 years and still she has not presented evidence. She last time appeared after warrant and gave excuse for which honourable court warn her to settle somehow. 

My next date is close and she likely to not appear and case will prolong. She playing a trick and referring 498a in other cases and her intention is not to lead evidence as she knows that the case is completely false and fabricated. 

What are my options? Can I request lower court to dismiss the case if state is not able to produce witness. Six year dragging of case is in itself a torture for me for no reason.

Thanks for your advice

Learning

1 Replies

Solomon Raju (Advocate High Court of A.P.)     23 June 2014

You better compromise the matter, speak to her advocate...Inform him that you are ready for a compromise and ready to give divorce to her..and explain him...prolonging this matter only worsens both of your lives and make you barren without remarriage...Other shall not get punished for one persons mistake...admit that it is your mistake and you will not enter into her life...

Dont think I am supporting her but understand that pursuing this matter further only wastes your time, money and energy...it is hightime for you to start afresh and enjoy your life...In this short life, if you waste your entire life pursuing these sort of worse matters..you will loose your happiness for no mistake done by you...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register