LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

pleasehelp   05 October 2017

498a

I recently filed for divorce. Thereafter one midnight, my husband beaten me brutally. I took photographs of all wounds and injuries and bruises ressulted in my face, neck, chest and back and area around my ear. I approached local police station next day morning to lodge a complaint. Police took the complaint and advised me to get the medical examinations done from a Government Hospital and submit the report and accordingly they would initiate investigation. Police further added those photographs which I took would add little to no value. Then I visited a local Government Hospital for medical examination. Docotor there who treated me asked me for true reasons behind all these wounds and injuries and bruises. Upon getting to know true facts, the doctor in question clearly stated in his report the real reasons behind those wounds and injuries and bruises. Doctor also asked me to get a X-Ray done for better medical diagonosis which I did subsequently (X-Ray report did not show anything of great health concern though). Then I returned to police station with the medical report of the said doctor. Police then accepted the said medical report and lodged FIR u/sec 498 A against my husband. Police also told me if my husband is found guilty as per police investigation, police would arrest my husband and a legal suit will be lodged against my husband as state versus my husband. But police also informed me my husband would get bail easily. So far police did not arrest my husband. In this scenario, I would like to ask following questions.

1. What can I do if my husband again tries to beat me?

2. How can I make use of these developments in the dovirce case which I already filed?

Many thanks for help.

Learning

3 Replies

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     05 October 2017

Actually police is right, these photographs (kind of unfortunate selfies) do not have much values. Pl keep the number of police station (if not 100) with you and also some friendly neighbours in case he attempts these nasty things again. Pl tell what is the stage of your divorce case.

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     05 October 2017

1. Just call the police on 100 number and lodge FIR. 2. It is cruelty both physician and mental so you can incorporate the incidents in your divorce petition too.

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     05 October 2017

If such a scenario arises again, first adopt a similiar procedure of going to the Govt Hospital. You can also file DV proceedings and seek protection orders or in the alternative, amend your Divorce Petition to incorporate the abovementioned facts as well as seek the relief of injunction to restrain your husband from entering the house where you are staying. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register