LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil   03 September 2017

498A exemption application of coaccused by main accused

I am fighting 498a case in person. My father and 2 sisters are coaccused. Currently cross examination of prosecution witnesses is going on. Can I submit the exemption application signed by me for non appearance of the coaccused on a particular date? I am assuring the court that whenever their presence is required on next date they will be present in court. Complainants lawyer is objecting that one accused can not submit the exemption application on behalf of other accused. Please help.

Learning

4 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     03 September 2017

Your parents shall be required to appear in court for obtaining bail in the matter. After obtaining bail you may simultaneously file application for permanent exemption through advocate mainly on the ground of their old age and ill health. Such application can only be signed by your parents. Use the discrepancies made by complainant to your personal use. Sidharth 9811776422

Anil   04 September 2017

Sidharth ji, bail is already taken for my father and 2 sisters. Hon. Court is not providing the permanent exemption and I am required to submit their exemption application on every date. Pl guide.

Sachin (N.A)     04 September 2017

You have no right to represent your parents in court. Only lawyer can appear on their behalf.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     04 September 2017

You are providing material to opposite counsel to pray for cancellation of bail. Let them sign exemption

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register