Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gaurav Saini (Lawyer)     30 October 2014

498-a quash of proclaimed person - nri

Brief details of case are:-

1. "H" staying in USA since 2006, got married with "W" in December 2012.

2. "S" ( sister of "H" ) also staying in USA since 2008. (She is married since 2008.)

3. "S" came to India for wedding of "H" for only 15 days, in December 2012 and never came to India after that, till date.

4. In January 2013, "H" goes back to USA, after his wedding.

5. In June 2013 "W" got registered FIR under 498-A, 406 IPC against "H" , "S", and parents of "H"

6. In March 2014, "H" and "S" got declared as Proclaimed Persons. (Being NRIs, they were not approachable). (Parents of H got bail in India. They are Indian residents and facing trial)

7. "S" filed quashing of FIR u/s 482 CrPC at High Court.

8. High Court questions the maintainability of the Quashing Petition. States that the proper procedure is not followed and quashing petition is not maintenable.

I am pursuing the above case:

Request the seniors to please guide:-

1. What is the probable reason of non-maintainabilty of said Quashing petition?

2. Is there any issue due to Proclaimation being issued against  "S" (sister-in-law)?

3. What procedure must be followed?

4. Any other suggestions.

5. Any study material you suggest that I may refer to.

6. Any recent developments in SC or HCs with respect to this? (especially P& H HC)

Learning

4 Replies

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     30 October 2014

Quashing depends on legal grounds, prima facies on FIR and circumstantial evidences.

Various quashing techniques and sample petition is given in my following links.

It also depends on the competency of lawyers.

My opinion is apply quashing with speedy trial (i.e. 1st prayer for quashing if not granted then 2nd prayer for speedy trial) in-person(Without lawyer).

Please read each of my posts carefully in the following links.

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Fight-against-misuse-of-498a-ipc--103100.asp#.U6gslUCm9dg

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Best-way-to-fight-against-false-498a-103111.asp#.U6gsRkCm9dg

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=104564&offset=1

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 October 2014

you can move for speedy trial but the unfortunate declaration of PO is showing different intention.  SO get the order cancelled by appearing and avail speedy trial rights.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     01 November 2014

I agree with Sudhir Kumar Ji,

Unless you get PO thing out of the way; it would be difficult to get any favorable procedural relief.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     02 November 2014

state detail facts that on what ground had you filed the quashing?????

contact a lawyer personally it will be better

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register