LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

virtualgod (na)     17 November 2013

406 separate from 498a

FIR against me and my family is lodged under 498a/504/506/323 in a city in UP. I live outside India. Charge sheet not filed yet.

I have done good reading and I know of ways that how I can try to delay the matter for some more time even after filing of charge sheet by going under discharge or under 482 in HC and some other similar tricks.

I am afraid of one thing that if 406/420 is filed separately for stridhan and other things what will I do? I have come to know that the wife is trying to file separate FIR under 406/420 for stridhan or a private complaint I think. If the court summons me to be present under pvt complaint of 406 how will I delay the matter there?No lawyer can give a detailed anser without reading the complaint and other things but still I wanted to know the opinion.

LIke if she comes up witl false receipts, etc in the petition and judge asks where is the husband, he may issue warrants in 2-3 court dates. I want to use section 244 or 239 based on whether it is FIR pr pvt complaint or sec 482 in HC to at least delay the proceedings of 406/420 case by about 5-6 months before a warrant is issued. Is this possible? pls help

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register