Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

BomaiAndSons (student)     24 July 2014

40 crores property succession post intestate death

Hello my esteemed learned friends,

I have the following query regarding my interest in a plot in Delhi worth about 40 crores at present market value.

The Plot, with a ground floor built, is in the name of my grandfather, who came from Lahore at the time of Partition in 1947. My grandfather died without a will in 1984. Leaving behind his widow(my grandmother) and 4 sons.

For some years thereafter, all four brother lived in the same house but in the 1990s, 3 of the brothers moved to their own new individual houses they bought using their individual incomes.

And 1 eldest brother with his family, continued to live in that house with my grandmother.

One of the brothers, the youngest one, died in the year 1996 leaving behind his widow and two sons.

Now that these two sons want to take their share in the property formally, what legal recourse do they have. I ask this because the eldest brother and his family are very obstinate and refuse to participate in any discussion regarding the division of the ancestral property. They say that the grandfather had made a will in the name of his  wife, my grandmother, but there is no proof of such will existing. 2 of the brother even say there was no will, but the eldest brother insists there was a will, but refuses to show it.. The will, if it exists, was obviously not registered.

As you can see, the property in question is substantial. Thus, I would like to know from all of you what should one wanting to take his share do in this situation.

Regards

Learning

3 Replies

Rangee (Lawyer)     24 July 2014

Hi,

The property is to be divided equally among your mother and brothers. The share of deceased brother should be given to his legal heir. Approach a advocate he will divide the property. If any one the brother do not cooperate in the matter you may file suite in the local court and enforce partition as per law.

Yours 

R S.K.Singh

BomaiAndSons (student)     24 July 2014

Thank you so much for replying my dear Sir. 

What is the procedure?  

Succession certificate? 

Legal heir certificate? 

Freehold? 

Mutation? 

Transfer? 

What about the claimed will that the endear brother claims to have? It is obviously not registered. Is it valid after 30 years? When even the witnesses the elder brother claims had witnessed the will, are dead. Is it valid? I suspect the eldest brother will try to forge a will...

Rangee (Lawyer)     24 July 2014

Regarding will it should be probated in the court then it will be validated. Once will is validated you have act upon as per will. If will is defective, you have go far partition consult advocate he will guide you in the matter. Mutation transfer will come after the partition deed.

yours

R.S.K.Singh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register