LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Cupid Cupid (CRM)     05 March 2014

30 years of marriage - maintenance from husband

Hi, I am Posting this query to help my Mother.

Mother's DOB: 21 - 07 - 61.

Father's DOB: 06 - 05 - 54.

From this Marriage, they have 3 kids.

1. Older Girl (Year of Birth - 79) - Married with two kids.

2. Myself (Year of Birth 81) - Divorcee.

3. Younger Girl (Year of Birth 83) - Has a child and carrying now for the 2nd.

My mother is working as a Lab Technician and Father has a Business in which he supplies diagnostics kits to hospitals and laboratories.

My father had left us when we're kids and he was living with another lady. However, my mother, with help of her sisters and BIL's, brought my father back home. Ever since he's has been taking all the money that my mother earned and has given her the life of a slave.

Now, he's not looking after of her and demanding her to earn more money where as her health and age is not permitting her to do so. Failing to earn more money for him, he is not bringing her medicines, no food at home - basically, he is not looking after of her.

My father has a two bedroom house (no inherited from his parents). It is self made property with help of my Mother's earning as well.

Now, what legal options she (my mother) has in order to obtain alimony / maintenance? Could she also demand share from the property?

Please note: Earlier, he used to supply diagnostics kits to his clients from home. However, very recently he has shifted all his products and any documents related to his firm to some place else. Also, he has the Property documents and mother knows nothing about its whereabouts.

Thanks in advance for your time and guidance.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register