Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

30 lakh marriage expenses - no income tax ???

Respected All,

My Wife and Father in Law filed a fake case of Dowry. My Father in Law claim Rs.30 Lakhs in her Statment in case at CAW Cell.

But He didnt spend a single rupees in my marriage. all arrangement is done by us.

Now I want to Know that :

1. Can a Man Spend Rs.30 Lakhs in marriage for non paying of income tax (because his monthly income is around Rs.15000/- ) and non showing of income ?

2. Can I got a help from tax authorities regarding this matter ? if yes tell me the process.

3. How to make a complaint in income tax regarding this matter ?

4. where to make a complaint regarding this matter ?

thanks in advance for helping hand.

With Warms Regards

Learning

6 Replies

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     07 August 2013

Do u have proof to show that your father-in-law has spent 30 lakhs in marriage. If u have proof you can approach I.Tax Authorities in your city and lodge complaint.

(Guest)

Yes i have proof.

My Father In law gives a list of Dowry items in CAW Cell which list and complaint copy i have. Is it sufficient ?

Hemang (Advocate)     07 August 2013

Do not indulge in filing complaint and in a speculative theory. It is advisable to get the information of a particular person from online website portal of Income Tax Department. Get whatever statements you wish to have. Let them prove the facts in a judicial proceeding. Or you may ask a pointed question as to whether the account statement, or balance sheet indicates the amount in any accounting year? 

(Guest)
U can take a help of the income tax deptt by filling a tax evasion petition along with the certified copies of the dowry list and stmt...after that u will be required to file a RTI to know the status of the TEP u filled earlier...it is a slow process but effective it also creates a physcological pressure on the opposite party

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 August 2013

if you make complaint in IT Deptt he has to [pay tax with penalty and his paying capacity is proved.  If he proves his income less then allegation against you for compelling dowry beyond capacity is proved.

go through definitions again dowry does not mean only the cash and valueable givenby father alone.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register