LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vasanth MS (General)     07 May 2017

2nd marriage before divorce

I am separated more than 4 years and recorded this in the divorce case which is going on currently. Due to small family issues, she went to her parents home and never returned. I and my parents requested her many time for matrimonial life. But she was not ready to back. Sometimes she was saying she is ok to come back, but within two days i was refusing every time. I lost the interest to join with her as i lost the hope she is always abusing and pulling my parents unnecessarily and passing the days. Also she is not attending trail and trying to pull the case for long time. Also she is expecting a big lump sum amount for mutual consent which I can’t manage. Meanwhile, i am also getting aged and I feel I need life partner. To be frank, my loneliness is disappointing my regular life.

My lawyers and my relatives are saying that to marry somebody before get divorce officially. But do not register the marriage legally. She can't do anything as i am staying abroad right now. Finally she will come to trail or mutual consent as i started living with another lady. Also some of my relatives know my issue and my family background, so they are ok to send their daughter with me for matrimonial life in abroad.

Is it right way to settle my life with another girl before divorce? Can I go ahead with my lawyers and relatives suggestion?

Learning

6 Replies

whatnot   07 May 2017

You will have difficulty taking her to your work country as visa processing would need attested marriage certificate.

From there on things will go downhill and you will be more in trouble than before.

End the matter. Start a new innings.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 May 2017

It is believed that you are Hindu.

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 May 2017

Your 2nd marriage during subsitence of 1st marriage shall be illegal.

Mr. whatnot, has pointed to other practical difficultu (ies) that you can face.

AFIFUL HAQUE MUFTI BARBHUIYA (legal practices)     07 May 2017

I think it will be safe for you to end 1st one with the help of all relatives and local headman and then start a new one.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     08 May 2017

It is illegal to marry when first marriage is subsisting. Even if court grants divorce you have to wait till limitation period for appeal to higher court exhausts.

A walk alone (-)     10 May 2017

You can live with another girl but be prepared if some fight arises she can file rape or other fake cases on you. Court will also believe her and her medical will also prove. you will be in jail or roam court for a decade. Your relative or your lawyer will not accompany you in jail. Better file divorce and after divorce remarry.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register