LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesha (None)     21 January 2018

2nd appellant for rti against city corporations

I have applied for certain information under RTI to Mysore city corporation. But have not got any reply. To whom should I approach in such case? Any specific form I have to use for writing to higher authority?

Secondly: To whom should I write in case Gram Panchayath does not provide any information to RTI request?

Learning

2 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     21 January 2018

You will get all information and help about RTI at "www.rtifoundationofindia.com"

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     21 January 2018

Sec.19 of RTI Act deals with such appeal process.  There are three steps involved in seeking information from public authorities under RTI Act..  You can search and download this simple section preferably in your mother tongue and keep hard copy to know time frame.

First Step:  Filing application before Public information officer with prescribed fee.

Second step: If information was not provided by PIO within 30 days from receipt of RTI application making first appeal to next superior authority, who was designated as First Appellate Authority in the same organisation with grounds of "Deemed denial" of information, praying for directions to PIO for providing of information as expeditiously as possiblel "free of cost"

or

Filing first Appeal if the information provided by PIO is not satisfacstory or if PIO denies to provide information stating such stipulation in Sec.8 of RTI Act with justification.

and 

Third Step:  FAA can decide the appeal within 30 days, and for specific reasons he may take 45 days also.   Waiting for such mandatory period stipulated under RTI Act plus postal transit period and filing second appeal before Information Commission, with grounds as mentioned in above cases.

The foremost step in RTI Act is searching website of Public Authority to locate Correct Public Information Officer, format of application, prescribed mode of remitting RTI fee of Rs.10/- to him.

In some states and Ministries on line application and appeal procedures are available, but it is always preferable to send applications and appeals through hard copies duly signed only by Regd.post, tracking indiapost, and getting a screen printt of delivery status after one week of registering.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register