LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Injam Ahmed   06 April 2018

20 yrs guy and 18 yrs girl marrige

sir,I am now 19+yrs. I love a girl. She is now almost 18 yrs(17and half yrs).After his 18 yrs his parents will force him to marry.Even from now the they force him to agree to marry.sir ,Now I get a central government job and we want to marry but according to our law before 21 yrs i cant mary...so plz tell me can we get registry marriage or kind of this or what we do? and can we appeal for marraige in court?

Learning

7 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     07 April 2018

Grow up first. You should have completed 21 years and the girl 18 years for court marriage under the Special Marriage Act,1954. No compromise on the age for this forum of marriage and proper proof of age in original will be checked by the Marriage Officer before accepting the notice for marriage.

Injam Ahmed   07 April 2018

sir,we have no choice..bcoz I'm Muslim and she is Hindu.....and when she will 18 yrs her parents must murry him with a man whom them choiced...and this man and her family forced him to agree in this marriage...plz tell me what we will do???

Ashish Tewatia   07 April 2018

it can be done although it is illegal .. however it is not void ab initio but voidable at the instance of unqualified party after attaining the age of consent

Ashish Tewatia   07 April 2018

yes but from court you cannot get it done ..

Raghvender Singh   07 April 2018

Firstly it is Void Nature of marriage because A Muslim is only allowed to marry to those Mate whose "Kitabiya" means the girl is of that religion whose origin is from Spiritual Books. And secondly you aren't attains the age to perform such an act it is an offence the girl to.

Injam Ahmed   07 April 2018

after 21yrs can i marry him...in court?
and when she becomes 18yrs can she live alone..I mean can she live on rent without the help of her family and in this case can I help her financialy to live ??sir plz help...

Rodney Ashline   18 April 2018

As for me it's normally

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register