LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaibahv   22 August 2017

1st owner stamp duty & chain agreement dispute

I purchse one Shop in Shopping centre in 2013 and we paid the Stamp duty to the Government. and I m the 3rd owner of the shop. 

1st owner purchased the shop from the builder and he paid only half duty to the government and then 2nd owner purchased and he paid the full stamp duty. and then we are the 3rd owner and we paid the full stamp duty. but now I m not getting the chain aggreement certificate from my society and also they are not ready to transfer my name in mantance Bill. they are asking me to pay the 1st owner remaining stamp duty which is now i think 2.5 lakhs. So is there any alternate solution for this stamp duty. or is there any law to clear this dispute. 
acutal pending stamp duty was only 15000 but now after all the panalties its comes up to 2.5 lakhs. i request you to plz advise me the solution in this..... also suggest me the good lawyer for the same....we are base in Mumbai... 

Thanks,

Learning

1 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 August 2017

File RTI Application and get exact information as to the Exact amount of such stamp duty outstanding as per books / records of that authority.  Once that is confirmed, you can think of next course.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register