Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     04 December 2014

1971 late birth registration and birth certificate

1971 HOME BIRTH CERTIFICATE URGENTLY REQUIRED FOR IMMIGRATION PURPOSE

Facts:

1) Born in the year 1971 at home in Hyd but not registered with Municipal authorities. No hospital record !

2) Duly put up an application for Late birth registration with concerned Revenue Divisional Officer as per their procedure with copies of following enclosures:

a) 10 class certificate & memo

b) PAN Card

c) Voters ID

d) Ration Card

e) Original Date of birth certificates from two Gazetted Officers

f) Original Self- Affidavit

g) Original Non availability of birth certificate issued by Municipal authority.

3) Concerned VRO made an inspection visit and collected  copies of 17 years of Educational bonafide certificates and aadhar card.

4) After 75 days from date of application, RDO simply rejected the application citing MRO report which reportedly stated that applicant has not furnished evidence of birth. Tried to convince RDO and MRO but to no avail. MRO also ruled out my case citing 1971 is 43 years back.

5) District Revenue Officer doesn't want to interfere and advised to appeal in high court if I wanted to contest.

What could be my best course of action ? Somebody has suggested me to petition with Human Rights Forum. I appreciate expert advice on this.

Thanks !

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 December 2014

File an application as advised by the Revenue authorities.

Raghavender (Software Consultant)     05 December 2014

Dear Mr. Gabriel,  

That is what I had done 75 days back. Please elaborate if meant any subsequent application.

Thanks !

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     05 December 2014

Consult lawyer for filing application in the jurisdictional court.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     08 December 2014

If you have the certificate for non-availability of birth registration, along with other documentary proofs cited by you, this matter could have been solved by approaching a court of law within your jurisdiction with an application praying direction by the honorable court to the registrar of births and deaths to register the birth on the basis of the satisfactory information produced by you before the court.  This should have been the procedure followed by you instead of approaching the RDO who has no power to oblige you for this. You may consult a local lawyer and proceed with further issues.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register